Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have currently the bds short arms with lifted brackets the change the geometry but don't do much. Looking to upgrade to long arms. Really considering the pure performance kit due to there heavy bushing design. I like the bds kit but I don't want to be replacing bushings a couple years down the road from now. Also have been lookong the dt pro fab radious arm setup. This truck is my daily driver. I live in pa where the roads are the worst. Everytime I hit a bump it beats the hell out of the truck. I got fox 2.0 shocks didn't help much. Any I for befor I go spending money would be appreciated. Looking for best setup that will last the longest and take the most abbuse while being in a decent price range.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
PP long arms

Thuren 6" coils and send him your shocks for valving as he does a lot of work on them. You'll need to your hands on some cheap replacement oem shocks while they are gone but it will totally transform your truck.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any experience with pp long arms I'm worried about the adjustments and install. I was planning on getting coils too I still have the tuff country ones on from when I bought he truck.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
See idk if I should go with pp long arms or pro fab radius arms. I love the heavy duty bushings in the long arms but worried about the install and adjustment with the bars. How are the bushings in the pro fab arms. I see u can choose flex joints for extra $$. I worth the extra money over the pp long arms. Just don't want to get the wrong arms.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't do a lot of crazy off-roading. I'm getting this setup to help with the ty pa roads. I don't need crazy amount of flex I'm just looking for best setup to help the axle ride smoothly over bumps.

·
Premium Member
3,214 Posts
DT ProFab with ballistic joints are nice. Regardless who you pick later down the road you will be replacing worn bushings and or joints. Its the nature of the hobby, nothing last forever. On a side note replacing bushings is easy bezzy and cheap. I would buy Carli king pintop shocks and DT ProFab arms

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
We think you will find the robustness of our full 4 link long arm setup to be second to none in the industry. They make the ride quality much better, handle much better and simply take abuse. The cross members are really well thought out and integrated into the frame for an OEM like look and fitment. If you ever want to take a road trip, stop up. We are just up in NY. We test our products in your climates and that makes a huge difference.

JP

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
So that mean thurens arms are "none" then haha.

Pure arms are beefy and can take a beating. I think i know a little bit about them. Tell jp to put a little bend on uppers while your at it for more clearance when u decide u meed more up travel

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
I think the Pure Arms have been proven by Dom in spades.

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts
Over the years I have upgraded a ton of customers with basic short arm kits to Pure long arm conversions. Throw in a set of Pure 6" Coils or Carli 6" coils and you have a solid foundation for improvement. I can tell you that the Pure joints and bushings will take a beating and do fine the winter environment as long as you spray them off at the car wash a few times and spray them down with WD40 or some type of lubricant.

For shocks you could run a set of Carli's Backcountry shocks or Pure's 2.0 Prodigy's. You should also think about improving the ride in the back either with a set of mini packs and a shorter block or with a full replacement leaf.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok so I got a set of thruen coils. Mad a huge difference in how hard the truck hit bumps but still every time I hit bump in the road or something u can feel it in the floor where the short arms mount. what I'm wondering is should I buy a set of really expensive shocks will that do the trick or do I need the long arms to make a difference. I do have the bds relocation brackets for the arms so they are on a better angle. The front end is just getting best to hell when I hit a good bump it feels like the body is taking most of the shock from hitting bumps. FYI I already have fox 2.0 shocks Idk if maybe the valving would make that much of a difference. Thanks for all the input so far. Really debating the the PP long arms but don't want to buy them if it dosnt take this away I have spent over 3k in this front end in the past 2 years.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Not a big expert like these other guys but I got a set of Carli mini-pack springs in the back and it didn't help the ride at all. Still beats the crap out of anyone in the truck. I plan on getting a set of full leaf packs for the back and prolly some King pintop 2.5s or maybe on up to the 2.65 Bilsteins not sure yet on that one. Also I have the Carli half inch longer short control arms to replace stockers so cannot comment on ride/handling improvement with the long arms/radius arms but hope to find out some day!

·
Supporting Vendors
9,594 Posts
Ok so I got a set of thruen coils. Mad a huge difference in how hard the truck hit bumps but still every time I hit bump in the road or something u can feel it in the floor where the short arms mount. what I'm wondering is should I buy a set of really expensive shocks will that do the trick or do I need the long arms to make a difference. I do have the bds relocation brackets for the arms so they are on a better angle. The front end is just getting best to hell when I hit a good bump it feels like the body is taking most of the shock from hitting bumps. FYI I already have fox 2.0 shocks Idk if maybe the valving would make that much of a difference. Thanks for all the input so far. Really debating the the PP long arms but don't want to buy them if it dosnt take this away I have spent over 3k in this front end in the past 2 years.

If it feels like something is hitting your floor by your foot, you probably have a loose or worn control arm at the frame. You really would benefit from a nice set of radius or long arms, and some nice shocks. If your arms need to come off for maintenance, it's the perfect time to ditch them for something more suited to your lift height. We carry for different options for long arms, I'm sure there is something that we can help you with.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Id go for pure performance long arms if u are tryn to save some money. Yes over the dt pro fab radius arms.

·
Premium Member
6,347 Posts

The short arms at 6" of lift will never ride that great due to the angles. Even upgrading to 2.5 or bigger shocks won't fix geometry issues. I would do a long arm setup next and then figure out which shocks you want to run.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Check or disconnect your sway bar. See if it rides better. Depending on who installed the lift some have been know to impact the hell out of everything. I just pulled my 6" BDS and all the bracket and shock mounts had to be stretched back to normal so I could get things back to stock-ish. ...it sucked donkey balls!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
The short arms at 6" of lift will never ride that great due to the angles. Even upgrading to 2.5 or bigger shocks won't fix geometry issues. I would do a long arm setup next and then figure out which shocks you want to run.
Winner Winner Chicken Diner!

JP

1 - 19 of 19 Posts