Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

best twin turbo setup!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who makes the best twin turbo setup for race.

ats, bd,industrial inj., or ht.

just want some opinions.

and give reason if you got one!

thanks

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
High Techs 62/71-13 over S480 is the Auto set up and 64/71-13 over for a 5 or 6 speed

Reasons are they are still very drivable and lethal on the track

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
He just said "for race" though. Streetability isn't an issue.

Under which case it depends on your max RPM and transmission, which in turn matters on weight and traction.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jack what would a bolt on setup like that run?

is it the best bang for the buck

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
He just said "for race" though. Streetability isn't an issue.

Under which case it depends on your max RPM and transmission, which in turn matters on weight and traction.
Unless your fueled to the heavens, this set up is the best race set up, and it still has street manners.

Race Twins can be defined a couple of hundred ways, so I am comparing to the MARKET and stating that they are better than II, BD, ATS twin combinations.....

·
Premium Member
5,818 Posts
jack what would a bolt on setup like that run?

is it the best bang for the buck
There are a couple of ways to build them, as well as pretty them up. Base set of twins with no frills or are you looking for Special finishes, Polished Top Housing and Compressor Cover, etc.....

Also, there are some build upgrades available that needs to be discussed. External wastegate specs, V-Bands vs. Boots, etc.....

These issues can change the price substantially. :thumbsup

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
go watch a national tractor pull event, you will get some ideas!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Damn it boy. That's big!! :hyper: That setup would be very capable of over 125lbs easy. Now that would be fun. :woot:

Ohh yea thats why i was sayin they wouldnt really be streetable at all due to the massive size. theu would be total insanity once they lit though.

Adam

·
MI Chapter President
5,684 Posts
Industrial Injection...

Im running there turbos (SPS62 over S400) Darryl Poole built piping/install

go to
vpmonsterpump.com and check out the black trucks photos, the bottom charger is HUGE and the pics dont do it justice! Its pretty much a daily driver too! I forgot what Mike was running for boost.... I *Think* its around a 66 on top and something friggin massive on bottom:thud:

·
Registered
232 Posts
Industrial Injection...

Im running there turbos (SPS62 over S400) Darryl Poole built piping/install

go to
vpmonsterpump.com and check out the black trucks photos, the bottom charger is HUGE and the pics dont do it justice! Its pretty much a daily driver too! I forgot what Mike was running for boost.... I *Think* its around a 66 on top and something friggin massive on bottom:thud:
I know his bottom charger is over 100mm.

·
ILLINOIS NORTHERN VP
2,061 Posts
i really dont know but all i can say is i wish i one of these setups!:lol3:

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
BD baby, of course I am baised since that is what I am running but they kick . Lower EGT's no surging and they will suck you back in your seat! But I am sure BD isnt the only one making a nice twin setup.

·
Premium Member
25,253 Posts
BD baby, of course I am baised since that is what I am running but they kick . Lower EGT's no surging and they will suck you back in your seat! But I am sure BD isnt the only one making a nice twin setup.
I'm going to have to agree with that. :thumbsup

Dodge | Commins | Forum

1 - 20 of 23 Posts