Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done installing a set of Pacbrake bags on my SRW 3500. What is the best PSI to run unloaded? Will they help with freeway chop or just loaded leveling?

Install was pretty easy. I misread and did not install two lock washers on the tops of the bags so that took extra time to re-do. I'll do a compressor/wireless set up in the future. Right now, I did the license plate schrader valve method as recommended in the instructions.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mine say 10PSI min. I was just wondering if they would help with the rough ride on the highway if I ran a certain PSI.

·
Registered
172 Posts
10 - 15 psi.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Empty I run 5 psi. Just enough that I know they are inflated.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
You know what will smooth out that choppy ride?
Weight.

Put some weight in that large cargo area we call a box, try around #300lb.

After all it is a truck, if it had a soft ride it would be a car.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Mine say 10PSI min. I was just wondering if they would help with the rough ride on the highway if I ran a certain PSI.
I have been shopping for pacbrake bags and ended up talking to a rep from the Pacbrake company. He said 5-10 pounds is the minimun...even though the instructions say 10 pounds.

As mentioned...as long as you run enough to keep the bags from rubbing together you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ran 10 PSI on the freeway today and felt no difference over stock. Not that I put them on to soften the ride, but was hoping it would help a little. No worries.

Thanks for the info gents.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
50 in the front 35 in the rear. I run yoko 37's

·
Registered
2,379 Posts

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
Running 5 psi in my Firestone bags.