Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering what the best place is to put the probe for the EGT? I am installing a Bully Dog Outlook monitor and they suggest to put it post turbo in the elbow. Is there a better place?

·
Tennesse Chapter President
1,614 Posts
I have mine mounted in the manifold right before the turbo. They say it gives a more accurate reading of the actual temps.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I have mine pre turbo alson on the manifold. back by number 5 cylinder

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone got a pic?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
The best place to mount the probe is inside of cylinder #4. You have to drill a hole in the head and tap it for NPT, but it works great. You can see the temp pulses with every stroke of the cylinder. It's awesome. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

:RANTIN: It's World War :rant: Three Every Single :rant: Week When Somebody :kill: Doesn't Use The :ah: Search Function!!! :eek:hno:

·
Tennesse Chapter President
1,614 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
2" up and 2" to the firewall is where mine is at.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking that the manifold would be better. I wonder why BD says to put it post turbo?

·
Cummins Fanatic
880 Posts
I was thinking that the manifold would be better. I wonder why BD says to put it post turbo?
I'm not sure why they would say that, but you lose a few hundred degrees through the turbo, meaning your pyro would be a few hundred degrees off. Probably something you don't want.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Has anybody on this site ever open the hood of a pete and look at probe placement on a large car.... post turbo no questins...... if you are smart enough to read the guage you should be smart enough to pick your foot up at 1300...if not sell your truck and buy a gasser...............

1 - 10 of 10 Posts