Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a good performance intake.. Going to the source of people that have run them... Can I get some input? Mileage help? Performance?

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
I will be ordering an ATS in the next couple days...i have heard good things

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have the CFM , the highest tested numbers on the market. I gotta be honest , If I wouldn't have gotten for a steal, I wouldn't have bought it.

·
Registered
728 Posts
x 2 on the CFM+

·
Registered
108 Posts
Unless your planning a big a$$ turbo or twins, your stock intake is sufficient.I have been told by many perf diesel builders that unless your make 60+ lbs of boost it does nearly nothing on a stock turbo truck.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I have one from Byrd's diesel. I can't attest to actual performance gains, but I can say that I felt a little seat of the pants difference. The nice thing is, Byrd will put up to 4 (maybe six, cant remember) pre-tapped ports on it and will paint it any color you like at no additional cost. Do a search for it on eBay. I paid around 160 for mine last December. That is a good 150-200 cheaper than the next guy.

·
Registered
108 Posts
We are talking about maybe a 5hp increase at best on a stock vehicle.BEWARE , there are some out there that actually decrease performance(again by maybe 2 or 3 hp).DO SOME RESEARCH. If your gonna do it, get the one with the most bling so you can impress you buds when you pop the hood. Take a look at the cooler tubz, absolutly beautiful chrome pieces , sell on fleabay for about 160 or so. My CFM sure looks pretty , but other then that is useless.

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
well the two main reasons why i want a new manifold is because i am also ordering gauges this week and the manifold is cleaning pre drilled which i like...and it looks cool under the hood!

·
Registered
108 Posts
well the two main reasons why i want a new manifold is because i am also ordering gauges this week and the manifold is cleaning pre drilled which i like...and it looks cool under the hood!
You got the right reasons to get one then:headbang:. Pick one that you think looks cool and GO WIT IT!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I see you have no programmer or psi box or tuner in your sig....spend your money there first and tap the stocker for boost port and you will see some REAL perf gains.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
the ats is not any good we bought a ats and a cfm + to test after testing we spent 3 hours with a die grinder and used it on one of our older rigs and bought more of the cfm+ a grid heater delete will help a lot

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I am looking at MPG, performance towing, and unloaded highway driving.. Looking at somewhat of a gain for the $$.. Dont want to give an extra $100-$150 for a name that does the same as the other.. Later on I might plan on adding a turbo with a different boost for towing applications tho..
Also looking at adding guages myself..
Looking also at brands S&B, CFM, ATS, AFE, etc..

·
Registered
108 Posts
Grid heater delete + Massachusetts = bad idea. Winters get COLD up there. He might regret taking that off. I have seen dyno #s on before and after GH delete and mine is still in. IMO not worth the trouble to remove it. MAYBE with a LOT bigger turbo it would help.

·
Registered
108 Posts
THEN TUNE THAT BEAST for some REAL gains. Adding intakes and such doesn't help much if you dont dump some fuel and boost in that thing.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts