Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.:thumbsup:

I have done a lot of searching regarding the sport headlight conversion.:stirpot:

I am after the regular looking ones (clear lense) regular bulbs and such.

I could not find an answer to my specific question.

There are a lot of different suppliers of the aftermarket sport headlights.

I did try Diesel Auto Power, Jacob is not able to provide me this product in the next week (when I need them), however he was very helpful with a great lead on the wires to hook these up.

Who sells the best aftermarket sport headlights?

I see many opinions of (poor) quality of these headlights.

The prices of these aftermarket headlights go from 80 bucks to 150 bucks apiece.

Are there diffrent manufacturers of these lights? :confused013:
Are there diffrences in quality?:confused013:

I know I can buy OEM but they are very expensive.

Who makes the best aftermarket sport headlights?:blues:

I am thinking of the ones LMC truck has, as I am already ordering a grill from them.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.!!:thumbsup:

·
Hemi
12,666 Posts
If you can I would get some non-sport lights (something with a clear front) and put projectors in them. They are BRIGHT! Puts sport headlights to shame.

·
Hello Kitty admirer
668 Posts
Search Amazon for the sport headlights. Not as costly as Ebay.

Reactions: Powerwagon64

·
Registered
288 Posts
I searched on amazon found some TYC headlights for $90 each, they are sport style.. look really nice. TYC is supposed to be a good company as well.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you can I would get some non-sport lights (something with a clear front) and put projectors in them. They are BRIGHT! Puts sport headlights to shame.
mjd91 Thanks for that different direction suggestion!!??!! :thumbsup:I had not heard of this.:stirpot:
Can you put projectors in sport headlights??:confused013:

Search Amazon for the sport headlights. Not as costly as Ebay.
MadMikeX3, thanks for posting ! I will search Amazon.:stirpot: I have never searched Amazon before !!:blues:

I searched on amazon found some TYC headlights for $90 each, they are sport style.. look really nice. TYC is supposed to be a good company as well.
TXcharger07, Great lead. I appreciate your time!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

thats what i got, although they had them on sale for $127 before Christmas
Dracozny, I will look into these same lights. :stirpot:Maybe they will price match to make a sale.:party018:

Thanks guys.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
No Relays.

These headlights seem to have dual bulbs per side yet also seem to have pigtails as these seem to plug into the stock wiring harness.!! ??? That is what product details seem to say.:confused013:
I am after ones that take the aftermarket wiring harness with the relays.:thumbsup:
Amazon has these as well for 125!!:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Ordered these today!!

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Amazon Not For Canada?

Well went to buy headlights from Amazon and did all the steps then clicked to pay and the site said cant ship these to this address!!??:shock:
Maybe there is some kind of restriction on these parts coming into Canada??:confused013:
Of course there is no way to contact his company or a representative in person. I sent an email to see what we can do.:stirpot:
Back to square one!!:hehe:

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
643 Posts
Do you have to change the hood to do a sport conversion or just the bumper cover, headlights and the grill?

Thanks

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Nothing

Do you have to change the hood to do a sport conversion or just the bumper cover, headlights and the grill?

Thanks
You change nothing, but lights and wires.
Do a Sport Headlights search in this forum for an install by Prowelder, an excellent install thread!!
**Makes sure you do not buy the sport headlights that plug into stock wire harness. Some lights have pigtails for that.
This upgrade for the headlights has a custom power wire set up to supply power to them through relays.

Dieselautopower can hook you up. Jacob, the owner just currently has no stock and he is going away for a week.:thumbsup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts