Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this site but have been a Cummins mechanic for quite awhile. I bought a 2007.5 3500 srw longbed. My fuel milage at best on the freeway was 14mpg I only have 3000 mi on it and I am now in Iraq . When I get home I would like to make the best mods for fuel milage only. I am happy with the power, any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
I am new to this site but have been a Cummins mechanic for quite awhile. I bought a 2007.5 3500 srw longbed. My fuel milage at best on the freeway was 14mpg I only have 3000 mi on it and I am now in Iraq . When I get home I would like to make the best mods for fuel milage only. I am happy with the power, any suggestions?
:welcome: It's good to see another guy from Salem:thumbsup

The best tuner for mileage is the TS Performance MP-8. Most people are seeing a 2mpg increase on an otherwise stock truck.

You could also remove the DPF and EGR but not everyone wants to go that route for fear of warranty loss or emissions inspections. Luckily we don't have inspections here in Salem (yet).

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Yup, i would go for the MP-8. Its a nice MPG chip. Careful though, it gets very addicting. LOL

·
Registered
126 Posts
The best Mod I have done for fuel milage has improved mpg's from 12-14 all the way up to 17-19.7 or so. It has cost me a grand total of NOTHING but a little time.
I feel a little on the old side finally listening to my father and changing my driving habits. :$: is a little safer with this Mod. :beer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts