Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can you get atleast 400 hp and 850 lb ft out of the first gen easily:peelout

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
You can't do it easy with it still being a first gen.

You can do it with injectors, fuel supply, turbocharger, air supply, exhaust, transmission, and some flow modifications. But it isn't a cookie cutter recipe.

At minimum, $400 for injectors, $200 for fuel supply, $600 for turbocharger, $100 for air supply, $300 for exhaust, $600 for transmission, and head porting, a cam, or maybe just advance the crap out of your timing.

Somewhere along the lines you're going to be buying gauges and probably some sort of intercooler.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i figured it would cost alot more than that so i aint really surprisd

·
Registered
311 Posts
well i figured it would cost alot more than that so i aint really surprisd
He said at minimum... And he really low-balled those numbers :thud:

Chris

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
$400 gets POD injectors; $200 gets a used A1000, an A1000 clone or a good piston lift pump; $600 for a hybrid or a used S300 if you look long enough; $100 for a BHAF and some PVC intake pipes; $300 cheap 4" exhaust system; $600 for a torque convertor or clutch. Around $800 for a cam or head porting.

I've spent more money on my truck's paint, brakes and suspension than I've spent on go-fast parts... I'm still recovering from my $1000+ front end rebuild...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Pods and 400 hp? :rof
A $600 s300 that will support 400hp? Where?
Running a stock intercooler..........maybe.
If it were this easy, many would be making 400.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Somebody's cracked 400 HP with POD's, haven't they? They've gotten close, I do believe. 350 at least...

Add $200 to get 435's or DDP IV's.

S300's float around for $600 if you scan the classifieds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.