Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want to level my 3500. I've been reading various threads and looking at sigs...

Pros/cons/cost for anything from 2" spacers to coils/shocks (and track bar?) Looking for a DIY option.

Thanks in advance for advice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Vendor
1,676 Posts
Depending on what your definition of "best" is there are a couple different options.

For cheap you can get into a set of Daystar leveling spacers and shocks for around $300.

From a ride standpoint you will want to go with a kit that replaces the factory coils with a smoother more controlled coil, shocks, endlinks, and a track bar.

Being a 3500 you won't notice much ride improvement by just replacing the front coils as the leaf packs in the rear of the 3500's are ridiculously stiff.

·
Supporting Vendors
9,579 Posts
Best leveling option is just doing it right. That means replacement coils, track bar, end links, and shocks. Nick is absolutely right about the ride quality out back, you will not really gain anything until you change those dump truck springs, unless you want to ride around with a thousand pounds in the bed at all times (I've seen it) .

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Do you have preferences on the brand? Will I run into driveshaft issues? Will the track bar fix centering of the axle? Should I get control arms?

I've been looking at the carli leveling kit...then I start looking at the sway bar, control arms, and those ball joints would be nice (some day).

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I just bought all the stuff to level my 2012 dually from CJC.

I got
Thuren coils
Thuren clearenced control arms (cause im running 35" and dont wanna rub)
Thuren sway bar
Thuren trackbar
Thuren 2.5 kings.
Thuren tours

You dont need all this and neither do I. But I want the truck to have the best chance at a good ride. So I went all out.

Out back im planning on some sorta full leaf or airbag set up. Still discussing options with CJC :)

Good luck man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Vendor
1,676 Posts
Thanks guys. Do you have preferences on the brand? Will I run into driveshaft issues? Will the track bar fix centering of the axle? Should I get control arms?

I've been looking at the carli leveling kit...then I start looking at the sway bar, control arms, and those ball joints would be nice (some day).

The Carli leveling kit is a very popular choice along side the Thuren leveling kit. The track bar will help in centering the axle, but it is recommended you set it to 39 1/8", the axle will still be slightly offset but will allow full travel without any contact issues of front end components. You can try tweaking it in minimal amounts, but much over that will result in unwanted contact.

Control arms aren't necessary with that kit unless you were looking to run a wider wheel/tire combo or an aftermarket wheel with less backspace than factory.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
I just bought all the stuff to level my 2012 dually from CJC.

I got
Thuren coils
Thuren clearenced control arms (cause im running 35" and dont wanna rub)
Thuren sway bar
Thuren trackbar
Thuren 2.5 kings.
Thuren tours

You dont need all this and neither do I. But I want the truck to have the best chance at a good ride. So I went all out.

Out back im planning on some sorta full leaf or airbag set up. Still discussing options with CJC :)

Good luck man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
Be sure to post up when you get 'er done...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
very good advice above. i will add that whatever you do choose (springs or spacers), i would get an adjustable track bar and shocks NO MATTER WHAT.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Domed you is gonna dig the upgrades. I want the sway and control arms, but my focus is engine parts now that its leveled.

·
Registered
373 Posts
It's been a couple weeks. Any reviews?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts