Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 2500 4x4 5 spd with 70 hp edge, Fass 150, gauges and 4 inch straight pipe. I use the truck to tow often and I was wandering if I should go 100 or 150 hp injectors. Also, which injectors are the best DDP, Coaltrain or FBD?

·
Premium Member
19,886 Posts
well it all depends on your budget and what company you like. i have a set of coaltrains and i like them. i would recommend them to anyone. Richard has good customer service. good guys. FBD is a sponsor on here and i've heard a lot about his product. give Richard a call at coaltrain to see.

·
Got P7100?
6,714 Posts
well it all depends on your budget and what company you like. i have a set of coaltrains and i like them. i would recommend them to anyone. Richard has good customer service. good guys. FBD is a sponsor on here and i've heard a lot about his product. give Richard a call at coaltrain to see.
:ditto: I had a set of coaltrain 150s and didnt have one complaint about them.

I would stay below a 100hp injector for towing though, unless you have the turbo to handle the fuel.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't even know what a good set would cost?

·
Got P7100?
6,714 Posts
100hp injectors, with new nozzles and pop tested will run anywhere from about $350-600+

Just depends on the name brand

·
Registered
276 Posts
Ive heard nothing but good outa Farm Boy Diesel, im gonna go with him on my injectors one of these days

·
Registered
631 Posts
if you buy all new injectors not just nozzles you dont have to pop test correct?

·
Mule Barn Proprietor
11,118 Posts
My Coaltrain injectors came ready to install. They ran like a champ from the first crank. So did Brokedown's, once he got all his lines tightened :hehe:.

·
Registered
191 Posts
injectors

im running fbd 100 sticks. great smooth idle, more power, smoke, and better mpg. already pop tested and ready to drop in the truck. My vote to fbd.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Ive heard nothing but good outa Farm Boy Diesel, im gonna go with him on my injectors one of these days
WHAT A GREAT AVATAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drool2::shock:

·
Registered
153 Posts
I agree about the avatar.. Definetly would go with FBD, I found them to be cheapest and they worked with me too for some other issues I had. good people.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
DDP's!!! I just ordered me a set of 110's baby!!

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I vote ddp's. Been runnin 200's for a while now and love em. Still want to go bigger :hehe:

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
i also vote DDP i am loving my 150's but have heard great things about FBD as well

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Right now I have stock turbo and stock clutch. Should I put injectors in first or install bigger turbo(what is a good one for towing and around 450hp) or better clutch? Also, thanks for all the advise!!!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
just leave the clutch until it starts slipping. I would also say injectors first, because if your planning on a big turbo your not going to be able to spool it with stock injectors. Just keep an eye on your egt's and you will be fine. If you clutch is already slipping you better get a new one first.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
if you buy all new injectors not just nozzles you dont have to pop test correct?
Correct you only need to pop test them when you swap nozzles :thumbsup: since everyone else ignored you...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts