Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
3,516 Posts
GOOD FILTER OR INTAKE, TBE, TUNER, nad the real key is to not drive te truck!!!! my best average is 18-19, on long trips with the right tune ive seen 22.

· Registered
1,171 Posts
Another key is tires. I lost 3-4 mpg's going to 37 inch Toyo MT's. I gained back close to 2 mpg's changing to 37 inch Yokohama's ATS.

If you really must have good mileage, don't lift the truck and stay to stock size tires.

· Registered
1,171 Posts
Low 20's mpg's are totally doable. If you have 2wd and do some upgrades you can see mid 20's. Almost 30 is pert near impossible without some serious mods to the truck. You would have to clean it up aerodynamically, run skinny tires, run a stick with a gear vendors overdrive and and get the engine dialed in. You would probably spend well over $5000 to get that last 5 mpg's.

Why go through all that effort and expense for a few mpg's?

· Registered
4,187 Posts
i hope diesels get great gas mileage, fuel mileage is a different story:hehe:

· Registered
161 Posts
My 08 quad cab 4x4 all stock with 8,000 miles on it got 21mpg at 55-60mph on a 400 mile trip(summer). I have leveled it and put on 20's and some Nitto 33's and a K&N drop in. I get 18mpg (summer) @ 1800rpm wich is about 70mph . I can't handle going 55-60 every trip. 1800rpm is the sweet spot for my truck.

· Registered
91 Posts
I tried searching it and it was just coming up with bull, but I was wondering what is the best gas mileage you guys get?? And how did you get that? With whats parts is what I'm asking...

Thanks....
Don't know about anyone else but I run diesel in mine.:rof

Seriously, all my mods are in my sig and I get 22 to 24 highway and 16 to 18 in town.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.