Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last fall I found out the hard way, the REALLY hard way, that everyone should have a fuel pressure gauge installed to monitor lift pump pressure. First, my lift pump went out, then the VP44. Needless to say I think I will invest a little money in a gauge now. Anyway, the 1 year warranty on the pump is a few months from being dead and I was wondering if anyone could give some advice on the best electronic fuel pressure gauge for 2nd gen. cummins. Thanks.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,292 Posts
I don't trust electric gauges much... But this is what I got in my truck...

The nylon tubing is rated for 150 PSI I highly doubt that 15 PSI of fuel pressure is going to blow it out...

Second off the needle valve is a double purpose. 1. To dampen the pulses which is what kills a electric or mechancal gauge. 2. To shut down the fuel in the line if a problem should happen. Something a isolator can't do.

My system has been in my truck now for 4 years and never had a problem with it...:w:

·
Registered
389 Posts
I just had an electric AutoMeter Z series electric fuel pressure gauge installed. No needle vibrations seen. I'll see how long it lasts though...:w:

·
Registered
28 Posts
fuel press

i bought a westach guage and kit from genos garage but they have a good selection of different brands.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I use an Isspro gauge,but without an isolator.I recomend the gauge but i dont recomend the non use of the isolator.Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts