Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seems from using the search feature here that there is an overwhelming consensus on the best fuel filters for the 3rd gen....are any of 'em for the 1st gens head and shoulders above the rest as well?

thanks

·
Registered
449 Posts
I am a big fan of Wix filters. I used to sell them for my local parts store. I sold many for Cummins, Power Stroke and Duramax. Never had any come back with problems and I will probably be putting one on my truck when its due.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, Wix is what I had picked up the other day, so I'll just go with that one

·
Registered
662 Posts
I run Fleetguard- cost less than WIX, and the oil filters are better than Wix, figure the fuel filters would be similar. Genos Garage sells Fleetguard fuel and oil filters for ~$10 each. MUCH better than the $18-20 from the local parts stores.

Daniel

·
Registered
124 Posts
how's napa brand and napa gold? I'm gonna be buying one of these trucks and napa and napa gold is what i run on most all equipment.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
The NAPA is the Wix filter. I don't know how/where/when they make the break between the non-gold and gold, but NAPA is Wix.

I have used the most common name brands but the Baldwin get my vote. The longer filers give longer service than do the short/stubby OEM filers and the ones with out the sensor in the bottom are trouble free.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I think the napa vs napa gold just depends on the filter. I've never noticed an option between the two, some are just napa. some are napa gold.

those of you saying the filters are higher priced, are you running them through an account, it can cut 1/3 to 1/2 of the price on most items.

·
Premium Member
2,544 Posts
Most may know this but NAPA typically gives a discount to AAA members.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.