Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Putting my new clutch in this weekend and was wondering what fluid was the best to run? Any suggestions?

·
KONG
952 Posts
Gorilla Juice, its from Lazarsmith. Specifically blended for the trans.

about a third of the way down the page.
Transmission

·
Registered
785 Posts
Here is a link to an excellent article in Issue 71 of the Turbo Diesel Register on rebuilding a G56. Go to page 106 & read the 3rd paragraph down on the right hand side of the page. They give their recommendation on what type of fluid to use in a G56 & the reasons for useing it. http://www.turbodieselregister.com/magazines/Issue_071.phtml

I personally use AMSOIL - Synthetic Manual Synchromesh Transmission Fluid (MTF)

I also installed a set of FAST COOLER KIT - (5-SPEED AND 6-SPEED)-Dodge Cummins Diesel Truck Accessories – Geno’s Garage

You will also need the adapter plates. If you decide to get the Fast Coolers the install goes a lot easier if you cut out some gaskets using the adapter plates as a template than trying to use the sealant they give you. FAST COOLER G56 ADAPTER PLATES-Dodge Cummins Diesel Truck Accessories – Geno’s Garage

SB

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Gorilla Juice, its from Lazarsmith. Specifically blended for the trans.

about a third of the way down the page.
Transmission
I second this :agree2::agree2:
just as 1slo said blended Specifically for the G-56 Making it the BEST IMO
And he only wants a bar of gold per quart :doh:
It'll be a drop in the hat compared to what it will cost to rebuild a g-56

·
Tech support junkie
4,935 Posts
Stuff is 18 bucks a quart which is how much the royal purple syncromesh costs. Thats the first i seen that site too. That cage was 1000 bucks! DAMN! Seems like high high quality stuff though. Seems like if i bought a good tran from him though id never break the G!!!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Stuff is 18 bucks a quart which is how much the royal purple syncromesh costs. Thats the first i seen that site too. That cage was 1000 bucks! DAMN! Seems like high high quality stuff though. Seems like if i bought a good tran from him though id never break the G!!!
Its very high quality if you ever see one built you will understand why they cost so much its a very time consuming process (thats why its so high). Mike is very a very good engineer, designer, and fabricator. under the high torque the g56 faces the case tends to flex thats what the torq shield is there to prevent. Mike can build to your needs. Its good to hear about the Gorrilla juice you wont be sorry :party018:

·
Tech support junkie
4,935 Posts
Its very high quality if you ever see one built you will understand why they cost so much its a very time consuming process (thats why its so high). Mike is very a very good engineer, designer, and fabricator. under the high torque the g56 faces the case tends to flex thats what the torq shield is there to prevent. Mike can build to your needs. Its good to hear about the Gorrilla juice you wont be sorry :party018:
Ill be lookin into this more. So how much fluid does the ol G hold anyways? Im too lazy to walk outside!lol

·
Tech support junkie
4,935 Posts
O and I,bet pulling with 700hp is reall good on thw aluminum case!

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Ill be lookin into this more. So how much fluid does the ol G hold anyways? Im too lazy to walk outside!lol
You know the bad thing is I cant remember either

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
O and I,bet pulling with 700hp is reall good on thw aluminum case!
Mike has always told me he had rather race a 6.7 all day rather than tow heavy with it. if that tells you anything

·
Tech support junkie
4,935 Posts
I was more meanimg pullin a sled cause thats comin up on my calender and im a little worried for the trans

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
I'm sure sled pulling is very hard on the case its all luck of the draw brother might get away with it ... then again you might now there really is no hard set number that you will break at

·
Tech support junkie
4,935 Posts
Except Ryal Purple is a name brand with a reputation...this "Groilla Juice" could be $6 gear lube from Wal Mart maked up 300% :hehe:
True but i would like to think a company wouldnt do that

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Except Ryal Purple is a name brand with a reputation...this "Groilla Juice" could be $6 gear lube from Wal Mart maked up 300% :hehe:
I can promise you its no $6 lube from walmart if you ever handle it you would know better than that. I have dealt with this company quite a bit nothing they sell is junk. Just so we are clear I do not work for Lazarsmith I am one of their customers

·
Registered
338 Posts
Powerstroke: you still running just the ATF in your G56??.... i know your rig is almost 600HP now if not more.

Peter him self at Southbend Recommends the Gorilla juice. So the Guy who we trusted with our clutches, trusts this guy for the fluid..... I think ill give it a shot. I have already bought one G56.

Reactions: Dodgeram082500

·
Registered
4,615 Posts
Maybe we could get a vendor on board and do a group buy of some sorts. They already give a bulk discount, maybe we could do better?

·
Tech support junkie
4,935 Posts
Powerstroke: you still running just the ATF in your G56??.... i know your rig is almost 600HP now if not more.

Peter him self at Southbend Recommends the Gorilla juice. So the Guy who we trusted with our clutches, trusts this guy for the fluid..... I think ill give it a shot. I have already bought one G56.
Man i know im over 600 easy now maybe close to 700.lol I havent done any racin with it just put putin around the area and goin on trips. I havent spent much money on her lately been buying boat stuff. I gotta few things i need to do and if i could get some side jobs goin here id be good to go

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.