Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen guys talking about Calibrated and Proven for emissions intact tuning. What is everyone running for emissions intact tuning? I would love to be able to use the ez lynk platform and know Calibrated doesn’t offer ez lynk for the Ram platform last I checked. I know Proven has emissions intact but haven’t seen many people comment on their programming. Just trying to figure out which avenue to go for emissions intact tuning. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
362 Posts
Calibrated!!!

There is intact but self destructive (DRD) where it shuts off egr and def and killls the truck
There is “emissions intact” aka delete tunes that use egr and def and still soot up everything
And there is calibrated. Tuning designed for intact. Best. Money. Spent. 1-2MPG tons more power way funner to drive

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Calibrated!!!

There is intact but self destructive (DRD) where it shuts off egr and def and killls the truck
There is “emissions intact” aka delete tunes that use egr and def and still soot up everything
And there is calibrated. Tuning designed for intact. Best. Money. Spent. 1-2MPG tons more power way funner to drive

I have read lots of good things about Calibrated. I would just like to use the ezlynk platform instead of the MM3. If they are the best choice I will get used to it. Lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Firepunk just posted some videos related to their intact tuning. They’re putting down some impressive numbers for emissions equipped tuning.

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
So what does calibrated do? Still run egr and def?
Yes, everything is fully intact.

I have run Calibrated for almost 2 years on my truck, with their trans tuning and a line pressure increase kit from BD. IMO don't do it unless you do the trans tunes and pressure increase. That makes the most difference. No problems, no cel, runs great, tows great.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I have read lots of good things about Calibrated. I would just like to use the ezlynk platform instead of the MM3. If they are the best choice I will get used to it. Lol

I'll say it again, personaly I would stay away from ezlynk or any cloud based platform. As these tuners close shop you are going to get locked out. You will have to go to a different tuner. If for some reason you needed to go back to stock you wouldn't be able to reload the tune you already paid for.

I'd only use hardware that allowed you to load a physical file. Cloud based is a nice concept it just doesnt make sense long term IMO.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have Calibrated Powers Jack tune. 22,000 miles and counting (installed at 103k). Zero issues. Truck is a completely different beast.

I have not noticed any fuel economy gain (but I do use the additional power). DEF usage has remained consisting. Towing is *SO* much better.

You do need the reinfocement plate for the valve body; it's an easy install. Whole process was very easy.

No worries about being 50 state legal, and best of all, I really enjoy the heck out of my truck. It's how it should have behaved out of the factory. The added power is great, but the transmission tuning is just addictive. *SO* much better.

The guys at calibrated answered the couple of questions I had. I bought the "change on the fly" that you can mount. What I've found is that I've set it on the power setting and leave it alone, so you don't have to have that plugged/wired/drill anything. When I want (less???) power, I can plug it in and turn it back down for towing heavy.

My only regret is not doing it 100k earlier...

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome sounds like that’s the way I am going to go. Which reinforcement plate did you go with? Did they recommend one and does it allow you to run the increased line pressure?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I just called up Calibrated power. They had everything I needed and got it shipped. I think the plate was actually an ATS plate, but I'm not 100% sure. You may want to look on the side of your trans and see if you have the solenoid that's the white one or the gray one.

If you have the "grey" one, you should get the white one.

I paid full list at the dealer; but, it can be had for less.

https://www.scheiddiesel.com/68RFE-Solenoid-Block-Pack/

·
Registered
452 Posts
I keep being interested in the tuning with EGR turned completely off. Lotta disclaimers about not using it on high mileage trucks and people saying it plugs the DPF up, which doesn't make any sense to me.

Diesel EGR reduces available oxygen in the mixture and lowers combustion temps INCREASING soot production while decreasing NOX. Cutting off the EGR should make the DPF last longer.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Will the MM3 work with an OBD2 splitter? I have seen on a forum people were having issues with the MM3 working with a splitter. I have an AMP splitter for my running boards. I asked calibrated and they said they haven’t heard of any issues but didn’t know for sure.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I decided to go with calibrated power and leave the egr alone. My stuff should be here early in the week

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
541 Posts
Will the MM3 work with an OBD2 splitter? I have seen on a forum people were having issues with the MM3 working with a splitter. I have an AMP splitter for my running boards. I asked calibrated and they said they haven’t heard of any issues but didn’t know for sure.

Know issues with splitters. I wouldn't recommend it with a tuner

1 - 20 of 204 Posts