Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I ve got a 2008 quad cab 6.7, DPF deleted, (not a cab & chassis model) and figured out that I gotta have a module or fooler of some kind to turn off the CEL, turn off the overhead dinging, and to reset the regen counter back to zero. What tool has worked the best for you guys? Ive been over forums and websites by the dozens.

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,013 Posts
OK, I ve got a 2008 quad cab 6.7, DPF deleted, (not a cab & chassis model) and figured out that I gotta have a module or fooler of some kind to turn off the CEL, turn off the overhead dinging, and to reset the regen counter back to zero. What tool has worked the best for you guys? Ive been over forums and websites by the dozens.
H&S XRT

H&S Performance Online

·
Unreconstructed
6,117 Posts
The H&S XRT can do all of those things...and more!

Call James @ Rollin' Smoke Diesel, tell him Austin sent you...And that you want an H&S XRT.

Then once you get your XRT, call Casey @ H&S Performance, and tell him you need the XRT update that clears the regen counter...

That's what I just did...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
awesome, how much was it?

·
Unreconstructed
6,117 Posts
Well, XRT retails for $999

Just call James @ Rollin' Smoke Diesel...He's a great guy to work with, and his customer service is second-to-none!

Be sure and tell him that Austin (Alabama Mud Machine), sent you...

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
You'll just need the XRT since you already have a dpf kit. It will also shut off your egr.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is there a cheaper product without the horsepower boost?

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Is there a cheaper product without the horsepower boost?
There's nothing yet that is less expensive that will give you the ability to do code free deletes.

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
quick, possibly dumb question... if i have the badp gen 1 kit installed, would I be able to use a portion of that with the smarty/xrt as opposed to buying new simms or making new ones?

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
quick, possibly dumb question... if i have the badp gen 1 kit installed, would I be able to use a portion of that with the smarty/xrt as opposed to buying new simms or making new ones?
If you have the 3 individual BADP sims, then I would think you could use them though the sims are included with the XRT.

·
Premium Member
6,235 Posts
Did the gen 1 come with those? I havent seen my truck in 5 months & honestly don't remember...

PS.. i'm waiting for the Smarty :)

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
Did the gen 1 come with those? I havent seen my truck in 5 months & honestly don't remember...

PS.. i'm waiting for the Smarty :)
The early gen1's had a box with wires coming out of it (that's what's on mine). The later gen1's switched to the 3 individual sims.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts