Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Best diesel shops in the HAM

3788 Views 30 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  redneckabbott
New to diesel and I wanted to know the best shops around birmingham for diesel work or parts/accessories.

Tks All.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
974 Posts
Diesil Performance Parts,866-915-2802.Cool people that will help with anything,and ship it the next day.

· Registered
93 Posts
circle W performance diesal in cleveland, the owner worked for cummins for like 10 or 12 years seems to know his stuff pretty well.

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so is that a negative on dealing with circle W in cleveland al?

what kinda shop is it do they sell performance upgrades etc or just work on down engines,

· Diesel South
1,509 Posts
I personnally wouldn't deal with them now! I did for a long time, and i was lied to and told that i needed about $1200.00 worth of stuff and i got 2 other opinions and they all said everything is fine! It has been for about a year now!

I always thought the owner was a good guy, but i was wrong!! He did work for cummins as far as I know and he knows the cummins engine as far as overhauling and what not on a stock engine! but as far as building a race motor i wouldn't think he knows much about them!

They overhaul trucks and sell performance upgrades as far as chips, exhausts and what not, but the prices are unfair if you ask me!! and you can't get them to call you back!!

I'm not saying they are bad people or anything, i have heard from many people how they have been screwed and i personally have been too!

If you want a good shop, with someone that knows these trucks like like the back of their hand and knows how to make power i would give Rich a call @ 205-533-4053

· Registered
93 Posts
thanks for the info i haven't delt with them much.What did they screw you on just for my knowledge?

· Diesel South
1,509 Posts
Me.. an injector pump last year (which i didn't know until recently), some suspension work right after my accident!!

lot's of people have told me of numerous different things that have happened, one guy got them to install injectors and then the truck ran weird and there was about 3 different injectors in there!

· Premium Member
155 Posts
Call Adam Lowery @ Diesels Unlimited 663-5677 or 283-8835 in Alabaster. He's an honest local boy and it won't take you long to figure out he REALLY knows what the heck he's doing. Tell him Wes Pruett sent you. I now live out in Santa Fe, NM -- and wish he did too!

· Registered
268 Posts
Call Adam Lowery @ Diesels Unlimited 663-5677 or 283-8835 in Alabaster. He's an honest local boy and it won't take you long to figure out he REALLY knows what the heck he's doing. Tell him Wes Pruett sent you. I now live out in Santa Fe, NM -- and wish he did too!
Went by there today, talked to the owner for a good while. Seems like a legit place with a guy who really knows what he's doing based on the workload he had. Reasonable prices, quality products, and friendly service.

· Registered
353 Posts
Alright bringing a thread from the dead...

I take it all of these are just diesel shops. But does any know of a GREAT trans shop they trust. I need to get a TC and VB put in my trans and only want to leave my truck in trusted hands. I think I am going to give Jeff Garmon a call tomorrow but wanted to find someone closer to home.

· Registered
353 Posts
Thanks. I will give him a call tomorrow. Want to get this trans a back bone before I go and start giving my motor more fuel.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.