Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready to buy , but i have a few more questions. Is it nessesary to get an after market intake. and i have heard rumors that before i can put any kind of performance electronics on my 6.7 that i must get a dealer that is crokked to trick my computer, i was wandering if there is any truth to that or not.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what i am looking for is just a good safe code free ,dpf free system. not the monster power gains, a few more mpg's would be nice too. I am thinking about the 5" rollin smoke and xrt combo + the mp-8. but i was wandering what ya'll recomended .Do i need a intake also.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The intake wouldn't hurt:D And you gotta love the sound of the turbo after a new intake!!!!:D:D:D

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,013 Posts
What year truck do you have? If it is a 2009 built after March then there is a chance that your ECM has a program in it that will lock it up. There was a thread on here a while ago about it.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/6-7l-performance-parts-discussion/136655-09-ecm-s-locked.html

The 5" kit from RSD is a nice kit. The XRT is a good code free tuner. Since the Smarty has only been available for 2 days can't say much about them.

If your going to the trouble to make your engine better at getting rid of the bad air you should make it also better at getting the clean air. So yes I think either a aftermarket drop in filter or something like the S&B intake. There are a few other popular brands out there too.

·
US Army June 78-June 06
1,013 Posts
my truck is an 07
In the upper left of your screen there is a User Cp tag. Click on this and then find where it says Signature. If you fill that out with info about your truck it will make it easier to help you.

So yours is a 07.5 so you don't have any issues with tuners. Now any tuner you use is going to leave a trace of itself and if a smart dealer/tech digs enough they might find out you used a tuner.

What is it you are worried about as far as the dealer goes.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Well if that is what thay are saying and there ant no other dealers close than you will be taking a chance to do the deletes. Cause if they look hard enough they can tell you had something on it, even if you put it all back to stock before taking it back to the dealer.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
anytime you can push more fuel in and dump exhaist out faster, it is highly recomended you can bring in the frsh air to accomodate... otherwise your just choking your engine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts