Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm putting my stacks in hopefully tuesday and i want to know the best combo for power and smoke, i know the edge is good but what about the others ? does the pmt smoke and give a good amount of horsepower ?

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
Edge Stacked with MP-8 and Bullydog. I ran it for a little bit yesterday. If you leave the EGR on you will get more smoke but thats not the best idea. My Edge/MP-8 stack does ok but not a lot YouTube - 6.7 with 6" Aussies 2, thats about as much as i can get. I need the Fuel Pump upgrade.

How do you like your FASS btw? Does it help?

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
The Bully Dog PMT stacked with the MP-8 will lay down some smoke.

·
Registered
343 Posts
there is no smarty available for the 6.7

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
nor is there an adrenaline

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i don't have the fass yet, it's on my coming soon list, if i get the pmt does it have the extreme setting ? i know the power pup doesn't

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also will i get more power from the pmt than the edge

·
Premium Member
8,798 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
also will i get more power from the pmt than the edge
Yes, the PMT makes more power than the Edge. There is also a 180hp tune that should be released soon.

·
Premium Member
8,798 Posts
Yes, the PMT makes more power than the Edge. There is also a 180hp tune that should be released soon.
Dyno proven or just seat of pants and bully dogs/ edges numbers. Anyone heard anymore on the custom tuning on the pmt buddy is suppose to be working on it.

·
Premium Member
2,627 Posts
I don't have any personal dyno numbers yet. 120hp for the PMT vs 80hp for the standard Juice (100hp hot Juice). I talked with Buddy the other day and he is still waiting for approval to release it, hopefully soon.

·
Premium Member
8,798 Posts
I don't have any personal dyno numbers yet. 120hp for the PMT vs 80hp for the standard Juice (100hp hot Juice). I talked with Buddy the other day and he is still waiting for approval to release it, hopefully soon.
power pup put me about 60hp more edge was putting down 120+hp so I wouldnt waste my money on a power pup, I will talk to some people and see about getting a pmt to dyno with against the edge and see.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if they are bringing a 180hp tune i think i'm sold, when do you think it will be released ?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I hope they throw in something to disable torque management on the pmt

·
Registered
69 Posts
Has anyone heard anything about the bullydogs frying computers..i have a two buddies that have fried their computers..one was a 5.9 and one was a 6.7..and i was at BADP the other day and they had a 6.7 there that had just fried a computer also..i used to run bullydog on my 5.9 but im kinda getting skeptical about it now, thats why i ordered a edge..anybody else heard of this happening?

·
5,059 Posts
Yesterday I tried a Bullydog from another guys 6.7. When he put it back on, his truck through a whole string of codes. Also another guy that was there said it did the same thing with his truck after he let someone try it. So far for me and my experience with BD i am gonna stay away from them.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yesterday I tried a Bullydog from another guys 6.7. When he put it back on, his truck through a whole string of codes. Also another guy that was there said it did the same thing with his truck after he let someone try it. So far for me and my experience with BD i am gonna stay away from them.
yeah well like i said i have used bd before and i loved it..but we put my buddies programmer on my dads truck to try it and when we put it back on my buddies truck it fried his computer..1800 dollars later it finally ran..we followed all the on screen intructions..im not knocking bd but just be careful i guess is what im tryin to say..

·
5,059 Posts
thats the same story. I guess you are alright if you run it only on your truck and never let anyone else try it.

·
Premium Member
8,798 Posts
yeah well like i said i have used bd before and i loved it..but we put my buddies programmer on my dads truck to try it and when we put it back on my buddies truck it fried his computer..1800 dollars later it finally ran..we followed all the on screen intructions..im not knocking bd but just be careful i guess is what im tryin to say..
Next time get ahold of buddy Kunz at bully dog that would have saved $1800, dont blame bully dog for your mistakes, you dont go to the dealer with these problems because thats all they can do for you is put a new computer in it, call bully dog you might talk to a couple idiots before you get the right one. But I have seen a lot of problems swapping vehicles with there programmers but they fix everything

1 - 20 of 22 Posts