Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is obviously no wrong answer here. I am asking in terms of which is the best color that holds up over time against road chips/fade/showing scratches/dents).

Would it be white or silver? Metallics have the ability to hide things like scratches better than a monotone color...I think.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I traded in my white 2001 F-350 for a two tone Silver/Mineral Grey. The silver is by far my favorite color, especially with the two tone, but there is no beating good old white for looking good and clean, even when it's been a while since it was washed.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have had white, silver, and grey dodges white was probably the best couldn't see nothing from 6 feet away. Silver wasn't too bad because it had grey primer so the rock chips did stand out too much, no marks on the mineral grey yet

·
Registered
592 Posts
Silver by far for road grime build up, my white truck always looks OK but my dad's silver truck always looks good no mater how long it has been since a wash and wax.

Cory

·
Registered
286 Posts
Silver by far for road grime build up, my white truck always looks OK but my dad's silver truck always looks good no mater how long it has been since a wash and wax.

Cory
I agree, silver just doesn't show the road grime as bad as it does on a white truck

·
Registered
300 Posts
Silver for sure on the longevity side of things. I love my green, but it is going to have to be repainted in the future because it shows every little scratch and chip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts