·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a grandpa owned 2006. Whats the best intake system? Thanks

·
Registered
231 Posts
it cost some $$$ but i just put in a AFE stage 2, sounds sick, deff more hp and torque through out all the RPMs!

·
"MR. ESAFO TO YOU!!"
6,080 Posts
it cost some $$$ but i just put in a AFE stage 2, sounds sick, deff more hp and torque through out all the RPMs!
:ditto::ditto::shock::thumbsup:

·
I wanna go fast...
3,475 Posts
I like the AFE, or the S&B is a lower dollar alternative...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats all the talk about the ice? need some owner opinion...

·
Registered
450 Posts
I will add my two cents, I do not have any degrees or labs just my own experience. I removed my muffler and that was the only mod for all of these changes.

I removed the stock air box, added some 4" pipe to a amsoil dry filter. This resulted in no change in mpg, egt or power it did create more turbo noise.

I made a sheet metal heat sheald that went to the hood on three sides and the only opening was at the fender well. This resulted in no change in mpg, egt or power same on turbo noise.

I removed the whole thing, put stock air box in with drop in high flow filter. I sealed the stock air box except for a custom 5 inch ram air inlet. This created 1 maybe 2 mpg increase, power difference and no other changes except a little less turbo noise.

The power is all seat of your pants in my words fyi and have since done some more simple mods

·
Registered
164 Posts
X2 on the S&B, inexpensive, nice fit, seems like good quality and is pretty popular around here! The icebox seems cheap but its only the intake box housing, you still have to buy the filter and the intake tube if you want it complete? Seems to be popular as well though.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
stock is the best. psm makes a kit to mod the stock box. this is the only mod to make if you must play with it

·
"MR. ESAFO TO YOU!!"
6,080 Posts
S&B is a good product for the $$, they are supposed to be coming out with a new style for the 3rd gen trucks by the end of may-june. if you are patient you can find some of the more expensive used units on here cheap. that how i got mine.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I love my Banks Cold air intake.......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just ordered an S&B, hope I like it. I will get back with ya once I install it!

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
cant beat the home made one with 50$ at Ace hardware!

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
I like my Amsoil injen. I've heard the icebox is real good as well.

·
Registered
46 Posts
stock is the best. psm makes a kit to mod the stock box. this is the only mod to make if you must play with it
read an review on tdr with dyno results, up to about 450 hp, stock is as good or better than aftermarket. None showed an increase in power over stock

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Does anyone have a link to PSM kit? Want to take a look at it. Thanks.

·
Registered
46 Posts
1 - 20 of 50 Posts