Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
diesel addict
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know bully dog PMT is a lil more money, but it seems to have far superior features and more power then the edge w/ attitute. I plan on running H&S delete, so I will need a code box. Do you guys agree or are there some other manufacturers out there not mentioned? Also, is the beta version a stable program, or should I just wait for BD to release a factory tune

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
From what I have seen they both clear codes the same. You have to wait to crank about 6-8 seconds for them to clear the codes. You can hear a click from relays under the hood or you can watch the screen on the PMT.

I love my PMT. I just towed my double pwc trailer (~2800lbs is all) from Seattle to Lakeside, MT and back in 8.5 hours out and 8 hours back. I could stay in Extreme over the pass. On the way over I had the defuel parameter for EGT at the default of 1250 set and I bumped into a couple times and it dropped back to "Performance" setting no problem. I went ahead and upped that to 1350 and did not hit it on the way back. You don't have your signature filled out but know that if you have a manual trans you are going to need to upgrade the clutch most likely. So driving pretty fast with my little trailer and passing anything I wanted I still saw about 15 mpg. :peelout :thumbsup

·
diesel addict
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My '08 3500 QC long box w/ 68RE is enroute for delivery to my dealer, will be here next week, I am just creating a shopping list for the pickup b4 it gets here! :lol3: Thinking about getting the IP&D delete setup w/ their tuner and exhaust, running it w/ the PMT/ MP-8, will need a t-conv upgrade inbetween there somewhere:peelout

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
You will be amazed by your trucks power. You sure can make use of it out there I reckon. Know any Eliason's from Opheim?

·
diesel addict
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only folks I know from there are the Nelsons

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.