Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for about a 400 - 500 horse clutch, But want to spend less than a grand. What are you guys running and where did you get them?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Here's some words to live bye, DON'T SKIMP ON A CLUTCH!!! Theres nothing worse then putting a cheap clutch in that can't hold the power or chatters or falls apart. Save you pennys and get a good one. I can only rec. what I know and I know I love my South Bend. You can get a good one for around 1000 or a bit more.

·
Where's my sparkplugs????
1,046 Posts
I'm looking for about a 400 - 500 horse clutch, But want to spend less than a grand. What are you guys running and where did you get them?
Same boat as you bud and of all people my wife told me to go all out and get the best I could. I'm saving for one and having to suffer while doing so! My clutch slips like there's no tomorrow but when the time comes it'll be well worth it! I'm not trying to down any company because from my understadings they're both awesome... BUT... I hear that in the DD war, SB has the win, so that's who I'm going to choose.

·
SC Chapter President
1,289 Posts
You will get mixed reviews on South Bend and Valair, I run a Valair and so do some of my friends. We love them, and they were hundreds less that the SB!

·
T-BONE
987 Posts
My dad has a South Bend in his 05 Dodge 3500, and I am about to have to start looking at one for mine...Prolly goin with the South Bend.....

·
SC Chapter President
1,024 Posts
I run a Valair ceramic button, so far it's awesome, I just got more bang for the buck with this, 600hp for less than the 450hp Southbend. Heard nothin' but great about SB and so far Valair is holdin' up so either way you're good to go, just depends on the money you wanna spend. But yeah, don't skimp, the previous owner of my truck bought a Centerforce and that was a mistake, good luck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Another vote for Valair, awesome clutches and great people to do business with.

I'm running a 13" ceramic/kevlar, and it is a great combination for towing.

·
Registered
576 Posts
valair definatly best for the money, maybe best overall also

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
if you are looking into a DD application, which i hope to god you are becuase i hate my large single, then compare some prices. The lowest price on a valair DD including hydro upgrade and billet input was $100 less than the SBC and in that case i would have had to have gone with the SBC (and keep in mind, i got probably 10 different quotes on each brand from different vendors). I chose the valair big single due to finances and not wanting to hold off when i know i should have....do it once and do it right, and give them boys at coaltrain a shout, they gave me the best price on a SBC DD i had ever heard of!!!!

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,059 Posts
I have the Valair Dual Disk. Love it. Great price, Great Service. They have all levels of clutches.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts