Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im Wanting To Get A 5" System And M.b.r.b. Doesnt Make A Stainless 5" System. Anyone No Who Makes A Good One With Good Sound. Magnaflow Makes One But Not Sure What Its Gonna Sound Like...thanks Guys

·
Registered
251 Posts
best and cheapest don't really go together mate. I don't know much in regards to answering your question, but if you want a good exhaust it's probably going to cost you. Don't take the cheapest way out, you'll just kick yourself later...

·
Registered
341 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That Kit Is Aluminized Not Stainless But Thanks Anyways

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I have the Magnaflow kit and I'm really happy with the sound. It's great. Let me know if you need any specifics on it. :thumbsup

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
I hear Silverline makes a nice 5", my father has a set of their duals on his 7.3PSD and they sound really nice. Very quality kit.

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
Im Wanting To Get A 5" System And M.b.r.b. Doesnt Make A Stainless 5" System. Anyone No Who Makes A Good One With Good Sound. Magnaflow Makes One But Not Sure What Its Gonna Sound Like...thanks Guys

i would say the most popular 5" ss kits are Magnaflow and Silverline. the Magnaflow kit tends to have a little mellower tone. the Silverline would be a bit more aggressive. let me know if i can help.:thumbsup

kyle

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome to Farmboys Diesel

I don't have this but i read a ton of good things on here about this kit. Gus is also very helpful
My FBD 5" kit is being installed right this very moment. You can't beat it for the price and Gus is a straight shooter. You won't do any better than his kit.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My FBD 5" kit is being installed right this very moment. You can't beat it for the price and Gus is a straight shooter. You won't do any better than his kit.
WHATS THE PRICE ON FBD ALUMINZED KIT?

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
No pricing allowed in the discussion forums. You can go to FBD and ask them for a price, go to the sponsors forums and click on his name.

·
Registered
137 Posts
i got the magnaflow on mine.....sounds great

·
Registered
279 Posts
I'd go magnaflow. I got a FBD (expandit exhaust company) and it was a little aquard installing. Some of the edges were a little bent etc. I got a magnaflow on my duramax and i had it on it about 25 minuites. There great exhaust and the support is A+

·
Registered
909 Posts
FBD cheep and great product. gus is the man.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Look into Coaltrain. Im gonna get a 5in TBE from them for sure. Its VERY cheap so get ahold of them. Not to mention Richard has been helping me out hte last couple days and hes a great guy and very helpful.

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
best and cheapest don't really go together mate. I don't know much in regards to answering your question, but if you want a good exhaust it's probably going to cost you. Don't take the cheapest way out, you'll just kick yourself later...
x2 on that im gonna have to back up what he says. ive installed a bunch of exhaust kits and if you go cheap you get cheap quality. if you go with something name brand that is well made you get what you pay for. ive installed mbrp, magnaflow, and some other name brand stuff and it fit up really well. as for the cheap kits ive bought did not fit up and had to be modified and end up costing more money to buy better clamps and took more time to make it fit better

·
Registered
67 Posts
My bro has the 5" Magnaflow Stainless on his. Sounds AWESOME but it's been on there for less than a year and it's discolored and rusting already! We've both had aluminized kits on previous trucks, they're not stainless but we had no problem with rusting. I just ordered mine from Farmboy's diesel. Can't beat the price and heard nothing but good about him.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts