Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What AT tires do you guys think are the best in the snow? I have had good luck with BFG AT/KO's and Cooper Zeon LTZ.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Goodyear duratrac.

Jason

·
Registered
130 Posts
both tires you mention are the best IMO. have BFGs on my dually and my GFs 08 Ford F150 has the Coopers and it goes anywhere in snow and they wear like iron. I plow with Mastercraft C/Ts and they do decent but not as good as the others.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Goodyear duratrac.
+1 That's what I'm running and I haven't got stuck (yet) even when the snow is higher than the front bumper. They're pinned for studs too (even though mine aren't studded).

·
Registered
999 Posts
Yeah I ran the Duratracs in the snow for a season till I sold my truck. They are impressive.

·
Cummins swapping freak
1,088 Posts
Geolander AT's are pretty good in snow

·
Registered
630 Posts
I've loved my BFG AT KO's in the snow. Rotate them with every oil change along with proper pressure and they will last 40k+ miles easily.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Dunlop Maxx Traction

The Dunlop Rover Maxx Tractions are similar to the Goodyear Duratracs with their aggressive profile & winter snow flake rating.

Too bad Goodyear made Dunlop stop making them. Best all around tire that I have ever owned. There is some old stock laying around but it is tough to find them.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
iM RUNNING HANKOOK dyna pro atm's and love them

·
Registered
128 Posts
toyo a/t... deep snow they aren't great, but dd on ice/snow they haven't let me down (yet lol)

·
Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,123 Posts
I run BFG AT KO's on my Wifes jeep all year round in Canada. Great tire on the snow and ice.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the Hankook atm's I just got back from 300 miles in the snow and drove in 2wd most of the time. Great traction in the snow, cleaned out well, and quiet. Everything I was looking for in a tire.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have the Hankook atm's I just got back from 300 miles in the snow and drove in 2wd most of the time. Great traction in the snow, cleaned out well, and quiet. Everything I was looking for in a tire.
Agreed, I got a set of 315/70/17 Hankook ATm's on my truck back in November, best tire I have ever driven with in winter. Night and day to the Firestone transforces that were on it before which couldn't handle light rain. Every day at the shop I'm reminded that most peoples vehicles/tires don't handle snow and ice like these do as I begin to skid past the service door at single digit speeds, even the brand new Rams with brand new 'AT's'.
Might not be everyones favorite, but I'm happy with them.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
i ran cooper atr's straight for 3 years, they still work great but i switched to a straight winter tire because i found them for cheap.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Reviving this thread...any more input available for all terrains that perform well in the snow?

·
Registered
735 Posts
Toyo M55's .........

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
543 Posts
My vote is for the dunlop maxx trax but since these tires outperformed the duratrac at cheaper price goodyear made dunlop stop making them.. I ran the goodyear wrangler territory this winter and was very happy with them.

I ran the 275 70 18 for under $200 each canadian compared to over 300 for the duratracs. My vote for worst would be the BFG ATKO

1 - 19 of 19 Posts