Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering installing a 5" magnaflow exhaust on my 2006 Ram Big Horn 4WD. I already have the AFE Stage 2 intake. Will I notice a difference if any in MPG??

·
Premium Member
1,225 Posts
honestly... maybe, it's not guaranteed but most people see 1-2 mpg. i had a guy last week that put a 5" MBRP kit on and he said he picked up 2.6 mpg on his dic.

kyle

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I just had mine put on and I'm really happy with it. I don't know how much of a mileage gain I'm getting yet but it looks and sounds great. Plus it comes with this 6" SS Tip!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Man that looks sweet!! I think I am gonna have it done at the first of next week!!
Thanks for the pic!!

·
Premium Member
2,903 Posts
Usually you will see an increase in MPG but as Kyle said it isn't guaranteed due to lots of diffrent factors. i made a 5" system last week for my truck and i can tell you this it did make an improvement in EGT's. Mileage really isn't my concern with this truck:lol3:

By made i mean i had some pieces and parts left over from some installs of aftermarket systems and some 90's and 45's and i have mad welding skills:w: so i made it and it is much quieter then 4" that was on there and flows better too

John:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Well thats a good choice in exhaust systems. It will help lower the EGT's give you a boost in Horsepower and Torque However we dont test for fuel mileage on any of our systems. It makes sense that you should get an increase but there are alot of factors that go into it. But you cant go wrong using ours. I think its worth the money. Can Never Go Wrong with a Lifetime Warranty.:thumbsup

1 - 8 of 8 Posts