Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Not factory. Captain chairs only. Might be able to swap with someone that wants captain chairs and swap the leather over but not sure.

Brett

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
If you build and price on ramtrucks, you will see only bucket seat availability. You could buy a center seat module and the different instrument panel trim separately, and install it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
How about for Laramie?
I wanted the front bench because we've got 6 in the family, the highest I could go was the Laramie (I had to downgrade from my current Longhorn with buckets - I loved the interior). I got it with SRW.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Yep, I had to settle for a Laramie as well, as we have six in our family. Feels like they are biased against people who actually have families, and NEED the capacity!
Reeeeeaaaaaaalllllly irritating!! The leather is real in the Longhorn, not the cheap plastic that makes up most of the Laramie!

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
I preferred the Big Horn cloth over the "leather trimmed" aka vinyl of the Laramie. If I had gotten a Longhorn, a possibility if I had waited another 6 months for the super discounts, I would be shopping for a center seat module. It is all a matter of picking the best choice for you, even if you can't choose exactly what you want.

·
Registered
86 Posts
yup the leather in the longhorn is night and day from the laramie stuff. as others pointed out - you can only get a bench in laramie, not the longhorn or limited. (at least this year).

I agree with copper - you may want to check out a Big Horn / Lone Star edition. my '09 is a Big Horn, the cloth is very nice - and for about $1200 you could get some very nice leather replacement covers. If you budget that in, you could have leather interior (at least the seats) with a decent truck much less than a laramie / longhorn.

but then, you do give up the KeylessGo feature, only available on laramie trim and above... it's always a trade-off

maybe someday they will let us select any option. It would have been awesome for me to get a longhorn in the copperhead pearl - but they don't offer that color this year. lot more variety of colors available on the lower trims also

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love the longhorn interior too, would converting the front to bench on a longhorn be difficult? Has anyone done it? Where would u find the matching leather and what happens to the rear heated seat switches and vents?

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
I missed the deadline to order a 2013 by a few days, not knowing if they would extend the date due to the late start of the 2013 model year. When I found that copperhead wasn't offered for 2014, I had to search the country for a 2013 equipped the way I wanted it. I was lucky to find a nice one 280 miles away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts