Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Craig: How about that AFC tuning article that you were gonna write up and post in the tech section??? :homer2:
After what I've been going through trying to tune my AFC with the 024's (after also switching back to the heavy TST spring) I'm not sure I'm qualified to do any "tech" writeups on AFC tuning.

So at this point, my procedure would look something like this:
1. :confused:
2. :doh:
3. :ah:
4. :shots:
5. :S:

I mean, it's coming together, but god I hate finding the pre-boost screw's ideal placement.

·
Registered
949 Posts
In the tranny section can you add what models are in the automatics? And the years, a lot of threads have popped up wanting to know what transmission they have. Also if you went into the difference between the V10 and Cummins transmissions would help out some.

Also maybe add the link for the service manual, although it's an 01 manual alot of it's the same and its free. http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/94-98-non-powertrain/306361-my-christmas-gift-all-you.html

·
Registered
148 Posts
starter bolts are a twelve point 10 mm

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #64

·
Registered
949 Posts
If we're doing random info, 1 11/16 socket to pull of the front hub castle nut.

Reactions: GrmReaper

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
In the tranny section can you add what models are in the automatics? And the years, a lot of threads have popped up wanting to know what transmission they have. Also if you went into the difference between the V10 and Cummins transmissions would help out some.

Also maybe add the link for the service manual, although it's an 01 manual alot of it's the same and its free. http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/94-98-non-powertrain/306361-my-christmas-gift-all-you.html
Sure, but I don't actually know. 94-95 47rh, 96-98 47re, V10's 46 re???

Someone enlighten me, I'm not an auto tranny guy.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I dunno, I got a NV4500, but the auto trans questions keep popping up .

·
Premium Member
12,001 Posts
v10's prolly have the 47 as well but just with a smaller input shaft

great info 12veg...i think you and algae eater should be promoted to mods....

·
Registered
566 Posts
The V10's were the same as Diesel on trannys and a 47RH/RE, The 46RH/RE was lighter duty and for V8-V6 gassers.

The 47's have a different bellhousing bolt pattern only for the V10's & Diesels. The 46's will not even bolt up.

Reactions: 12VEG

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Thanks for the kind props buddy... but God knows I'm by no means qualified for that. I'm a bit of a hot-head.
I have 2 infractions for verbally duking it out w/ people! :lol2:
So I'd sooner be banned than made a mod.

But thanks again anyway. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I do agree that we could use some mods around here. Illflem seems to have disappeared, probably got fed up with all of the poo flinging and, "I want to roll coal" threads...

There aren't really any other 12V mods, Broke Down and Patracy make periodic appearances, but other than that, I can't think of anyone.

I appreciate the support as well, but I'm pretty satisfied offering my advice and help where it's needed, and don't really need to be a mod to do so. I'm just gonna continue doing that. :thumbsup:

Reactions: slimjim3500

·
Banned
1,777 Posts
47re's in the V10 trucks have a different valve body and a different splined input shaft... but are usuable... as far as i know.

·
Registered
566 Posts
G56 is a Mercedes trans, started using in 2005

Reactions: rtc1184

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
well ill be getting a triple disc for my nv4500 from dan over at valair. he was an awesome guy to talk to. i dont need that much clutch but he said it would make the pedal feel like a bmw and make backing trailers much much better then any other clutch. i pull alot of trailers for work, so that sold me right away. thanks for all the transmission answers guys.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
well ill be getting a triple disc for my nv4500 from dan over at valair. he was an awesome guy to talk to. i dont need that much clutch but he said it would make the pedal feel like a bmw and make backing trailers much much better then any other clutch. i pull alot of trailers for work, so that sold me right away. thanks for all the transmission answers guys.
Good choice! :thumbsup:
Valair is a great company with a great reputation.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.