Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just want to get your guys opinion. :confused013: I already have a 6" superlift sitting in the garage I bought used now with tax return I have the cash to upgrade things and put them on all at one time. Im trying to get things that will last and keep the truck driving with a good feel. Im doing the 08 steering upgrade, bilstien 5100, Carli steering damper, and I have to order new sway bar drop end links cause the ones with the life are shot:banghead: Just want to keep a good driving truck cause it is a dd and a weekend toy as well. Thanks for the input guys:thumbsup:

· Registered
894 Posts
u know, i have no doubt carli has a good product,but imo the superlift w/ good shocks is a good kit. i tow my 35' toy hauler, and do some mild sand and mud wheelin and have not one issue with my lift.its a superlift also.also i have the superlift dual steering dampner and it works just fine. the bilstein shocks r a good choice for. this is all based on the fact that u got all of the parts with ur lift,drop brackets,adjustible track bar,springs etc. superlift should b able to give u a parts list if u call them.

· Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It didnt come with all the odds and ends. I have been piecing it together like drop pitman arm, brake line extensions, drop track bar bracket, little things like that. I got on superlifts website and downloaded the kits supply list. I just have one big piece that wasn't there and that was the trans drop bracket. I can get one from fabteck for bout 90 bucks so not to bad. I only paid 300 for the lift. So once I finish getting everything that was missing and upgrading things I will only have bout 1300 or so in it. Thanks for the input.

· Registered
3,625 Posts
Call Thuren for his tall end links. They are double heim. You want your sway bar in the stock location.

· Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im sure those are pretty exspesive Im still on a budget, still have tires to buy along with all this stuff. I think the Rough Country ones are double hiem as well:confused013: and are in my price range. Think those will work?

· Premium Member
882 Posts
Im sure those are pretty exspesive Im still on a budget, still have tires to buy along with all this stuff. I think the Rough Country ones are double hiem as well:confused013: and are in my price range. Think those will work?
where are you finding those?? i'd like to see them.

· Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

· Registered
894 Posts
like i said i know carli,thuren,etc all have outstanding products if u do extreme wheelin,but some of the production kits r plenty good 4 mild off road and with the correct shocks ride on the road is good also.add to that if u get the wrong king shock valving, although its a awesome shock,it can have a terrible hwy ride.

· Registered
894 Posts
I have the Tuff Country Sway Bar End Links and never one problem out of them. A nice product with a good price IMO.:thumbsup:
thats exactly my point. u can get a good product W/O goin into debt 4 life. all of us would like to have carli kits,king shocks,jesse james custom wheels,and the like but if u don't baja? what 4?:thumbsup::S:

· Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont do Baja type off road just a weekend warrior thats why I was kinda looking at the parts I listed above cause I know they are good products. Im planing on keeping this truck for several years so I wanted to get it to handle and drive the best while I have fun with it. Thanks for all the help guys.

· Registered
1,806 Posts
It's all on how you intend on using your truck!

The problem is getting to where you can use it finding the limit and staying there.

I for one am not satisfied and intend on continually pressing those limits.

I would like to drive my truck to MY limits. Not drive to my TRUCKS limit!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.