Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed out the fuel filter in the fuel bowl up front but I found a between the tank and my hpfp fass pump. It's just a little 3/8 push on type filter nothing special. Do I need to keep this or can I get rid of it and just run straight fuel hose from the tank to the pump?

·
I wanna go fast...
3,475 Posts
I would get rid of it...sounds like an add on from someone else...And a big restriction!

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
The FASS pump kits come with a fuel strainer that installs between the pump and the tank. It is required by FASS to keep the warranty in tact.

In my case, I also installed a drawstraw, so I no longet have a strainer in the tank, the one in the line of which you speak is my only strainer.

I would leave it in there, it just catches rocks and sand, which you don't want in your lift pump. A new one cost $2-3 at NAPA.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I went and bought a clear fram so I can see if it's plugged. The one that's on there is solid, so I can't see if it's plugged or not. I'm going out and change it now, and will report back to see if I can keep my psi up. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
Just have to make sure you get the flow going the right direction.. :)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well didn't raise my pressure any. So I guess I'm stuck at about 15.5 psi. It suck's cause I'm stock and at wot I drop to about 12-13 psi. I'm afraid if I get an adrenaline, I'll be way below 10.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do yall think? Think my pressure's will drop to much if I run an adrenaline? I've got the 95gph fass, I want to run the adrenaline. But I think i'll have to get the 150 and I don't wanna do that. What do yall think?

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,292 Posts
I went to the AirDog 150 to keep my pressure stable for my Edge Comp...

Never changes really...WOT (Edge Comp 5x5) or idle is sits right at ~16 PSI... :w:

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts