Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Beepin & Flashin ?? ( lights and horn that is )

644 Views 9 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  AKmega6.7
I've had a 2004 SLT 5.9 SB Club Cab 102,000 miles for about a week now. First off let me say I really am happy with the truck, 1st 1000 miles avg. 18.8 MPG hand calc. But I have a item I haven't figured out yet. Sometimes
( has happened 3 times ) when I back up the horn will beep and the lights will flash. At first I thought the previous owner had set this up as a backup alarm, but it does it less often than more and today when I put the truck in park and opened the door with it running the horn beeped;don't know if the lights flashed or not. Could this be a short in the security system ? Anyone had this problem ? Thanks in advance, and also I really like this site an am learning a lot.
David
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Premium Member
19,670 Posts
If you are in reverse with the door open, the horn will sound. Also if it is not quite in park and you open the door, the horn will sound.

Not sure if this is what's happening though?

· Registered
264 Posts
That alarm is a part of a safety recall. The dealer programs the FCM. I didn't have the alarm until I replaced my FCM.

Pete

· Registered
103 Posts
If it is the FCM the seatbelt jumper won't fix it. If it was taken in on recall and flashed to the computer the seatbelt jumper works.

· Registered
2,159 Posts

· Registered
3,699 Posts
I disabled the seat belt dinger myself using different instructions, I will try that for the reverse horn. i just hope it doesnt turn my seat belt dinger back on

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.