Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
MI Chapter President
5,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
BD RAD issues.... I picked one up awhile back (December) and went to install it in January but had issues so I didnt get it installed, Then on my way home the headgasket went soooo I havent touched it since.

Im now getting around to put it back together and get the RAD installed.

Im going to put in on a 2001 auto BUT the directions and such show a 3rd gen and says "2003 dodge 5.9 cummins automatic".... Issues I had was it shows a blue wire in the diagram but I dont have one in my wiring harness... 2nd it says to trace the Violet/yellow (If I remember right) between the ECM /PCM (where the wire loom goes down to the ECM but I coudlnt find it.... but when we looked at SIXINAROW's truck (2004 CTD) it was right where in plane sight...

The # on the box is torn up (last digit) from tape but the # on the ziploc bag that the wiring was in is : 1031155

Do I have the right RAD? any input?

Thanks
Ian

PS I need this to override the torque management to beat BBRam!

·
MI Chapter President
5,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave!!

Do I have the right RAD though? your diagram shows a 3 position switch and Ive got a 2 position....

None of the wires have been spliced, want to trade?:popcorn:

·
Go for Broke
7,953 Posts
don't worry Ian.....i am the only one you need to fear :lol3::rof

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
can't wait to test all these trucks out, hay :peelout I have an Idea :SMART:lets try it next weekend oh we have to wait for Ian!!:na:

·
MI Chapter President
5,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It will be running this week, Im just waiting on UPS to deliver some parts:thud:

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
how did ya like the rad box man?

·
MI Chapter President
5,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OPEN UP a old thread!! :doh:

Im installing it at the moment....

Instructions I have say to use the blue wire.... I dont have a blue wire.. for some reason. Do you use a different gauge for the wires? the Yellow and black wire seem to be just a touch larger than my other red, violet, and tan. The white wire is a lot larger (certainly a different gauge)

The number I have on the actual RAD box in the corner is Part# 1003151

"RAD II"

thanks!
Ian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts