Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 06 with edge hot unlocked new valair 550 HP clutch ats intake horn and Silverline exhaust and was looking for a new turbo not sure which one to get ive seen the bd but never the ats and was just wondering what you guys thought im mostly just looking for more power not going to take it to a pull or anything :peelout

·
Registered
129 Posts
Never heard anything bad about the BD

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
if you're dead set on one of those two then I would say BD FOR SURE plus we've got the best BD rep in the world on here [email protected]_Power, but there are other companies that make great turbos for comparable prices If you're looking at the Super B Special also look at HTT 64/71/13 Stainless Steel, or a Phat Shaft 64 from Industrial, just food for thought, but again if you're stuck on one of those two brands...BD FOR SURE

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i guess i might be asking the wrong question then what would be the best im looking to stay under the 550 mark cause i dont want to have to get a new clutch anytime soon

·
Registered
129 Posts
If your talking 550 dollars good luck. If your talkin 550 horses you should be of with the BD

·
Registered
365 Posts
if you dont plan on towing i would suggest the special. I'm about to install mine myself and im shooting to hit low 500 mark. currently i run 370hp, very hot, level 2/5 on the edge with some injectors.

i do plan on towing, but i'll just have to drive faster to keep it spooled.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i dont really tow i drag my quads aroudn sometimes and a bobcat every now and then

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
well we sell both and i can tell you first hand that for the Dodges we sell and stock the BD ones 10-1 over the ATS kits. Even though i'm putting an A5K on my d-max for your Dodge the Super B or Special would be your best option. do you plan on doing injectors later?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Id get an industrial injection

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
i haven't had much experience w/ them on the dodges more w/ the chevy's. i can only speak from experience. they do make a very nice turbo though, it's the reason i'm going w/ them for mine.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea thats kinda what i have heard most dodge guys go with the bd and duramax guys are usually using the ats but thanks for all the feedback now i just have to find someone to help me put her in

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alright well how hard is it to put one of these in

·
Registered
435 Posts
Dodge cummins turbos are cake to replace!

·
THE Hood Stack Guy!
3,188 Posts
Both BD and ATS are very good turbos. But ATS is WAY more expensive, but very good quality. Bd's are also very good and a super b should get you to 550 easy. I have no problem with either

I would d some researce and looks at all the options- II, HTT, Turbonetics, ect.

I run a HTT and love it! Spools great for a large single and make a good amount of boost. It does run hot but I blame that on my injectors and Lazer cuts a lot more than the turbo.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
i run a bd special on my rig and love it it will support over 600 hp and it spools amazing, i have never had a good experience with ats and pesonly dont like how they do business but thats a differetn story. htt and II also make great turbos but i was able to get the bd for cheaper than htt or II.

·
Premium Member
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so how many horses will i be able to pull out of the super b and not have to worry bout blowing it up

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
im at 605 and its hasent flinched yet, and the super b special and super b a different i have a special

·
Registered
209 Posts
alright well how hard is it to put one of these in
Just remember candle wax is your best friend when replacing a turbo. Just heat up the bolts and then drip some wax on em and they should come right out. Pulled one off a truck with 300k and stock turbo youd thought that ud just put it together.

Now a dmax or powerstroke turbo on the other hand, drink lots of beer and pray your tourch is outta gas cus youll prolly just wanna cut that fu**er out, before your done.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts