Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
It is a rebadged Carter pump I don't know if it is the 8psi or 18psi pump, my guess would be 18. Either way fairly good pumps, however if you plan on big horsepower not the way to go, I would go with a fass or an airdog personally. Better warranty and a more robust pump. JMHO.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Mine just crapped on me a week ago. Only on for a year w/ 12,000 miles of use. Luckly it runs inline w/ the stocker and still draws from the stock LP.

I am currently looking at the FASS 95/150 or Air Dog 100 or 150 (AD 100/150 same price right now).

I could money wise buy another Carter pump or similiar pump to replace the bad one, but lost all confidence in the Carter set up.

If money is an issue for you. Then buy the BD set up to get you by.

BD Lift Pump w/ Low FP Light= $350
FASS 95/150= $650
Air Dog 100 or 150= $499

Of course add another $300 on top if you have a installer put it in for you.

·
ILLINOIS NORTHERN VP
2,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine just crapped on me a week ago. Only on for a year w/ 12,000 miles of use. Luckly it runs inline w/ the stocker and still draws from the stock LP.

I am currently looking at the FASS 95/150 or Air Dog 100 or 150 (AD 100/150 same price right now).

I could money wise buy another Carter pump or similiar pump to replace the bad one, but lost all confidence in the Carter set up.

If money is an issue for you. Then buy the BD set up to get you by.

BD Lift Pump w/ Low FP Light= $350
FASS 95/150= $650
Air Dog 100 or 150= $499

Of course add another $300 on top if you have a installer put it in for you.
i went with the fass 150 pusher pump, from tst $474 to my door.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
I just put this BD pump on mine and really like it.

And did this filter setup too.....

It's the Bypass kit for my '03 style filter canister pump (which sucks) from BD. I can tell I'm getting more fuel. Truck will smoke more now than it would with the stock lift pump. I'm happy with it. I'm not pushing alot of HP though either. I just have the Edge Juice w/ Attitude. I've got less than $340 in this whole setup. Pump kit, filters and mounts, everything.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
i went with the fass 150 pusher pump, from tst $474 to my door.
O'yeah, forgot about the pusher pumps only. FASS HPFP 95 or 100 and Raptor 100 or 150 will run under $500 or around that. Without the filtering (if it's not a big deal for someone to have the furl/air seperator).

Have you had any problems w/ the low fuel level (1/4 tank) issues w/ your FASS setup?

Other than buying the Jeep Liberty Fuel Canister that is supposed to eliminate the issue rather than using the draw straw that comes in these kits.

That's the only thing holding me back in buying the FASS or Air Dog set ups.:CRY:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Right now bang for your buck would be the AIrDog. I got my Glacier Walbro back at Christmas for $400 shipped. You can get the AirDog 100 or 150 for $495 shipped. If I had to buy right now it would be the AirDog.

·
Registered
492 Posts
im going with the BD also i get mine in 3 days

1 - 8 of 8 Posts