Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my self a H&S mini and is it worth it to get BD 68RFE Transmission Electronic Pressure Loc or the H&S OD will do the same thing?

Or do I just get a custom tune for went I delete?

currently running the WILD setting on the stuck truck.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,630 Posts
No, they don't do the same thing. I run both and very happy with it. We will see what happens to my TC and VB after a good summer of towing. Without the separator plate you can only command 170 max LP. With it you can obtain much Higher, 200+. MCC controls my shift points and the BD unit controls my LP VIA my boost. As my boost comes on my LP increases. In town my shifts are smooth and soft. When the power comes on RE: Boost, LP is there instant to make the shifts solid. When you get your MCC OD tuning you must leave your LP settings to stock and let the BD device do its thing. Anarchy/Tommeygun was more than helpful and willing to share and work with this type of tuning.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, I'll get my self a BD now and wen ready to delete this spring, I'll get Tom for a delete/tranny tune.

·
Registered
7,630 Posts
Thanks for the info, I'll get my self a BD now and wen ready to delete this spring, I'll get Tom for a delete/tranny tune.
I have used two custom tuners and I know Tom will be there for you.

·
Registered
7,630 Posts
My bad. This is what I thought OP was wanting to know about.
BD Diesel Performance CANADA ProTect68 68RFE Pressure Control Kit - Dodge 20010-2012 Late Model Grey Connector

This one gives you true psi gains. If I wasn't on the otherside up north and over the fence, shipping blah blah. Revmax for the same price you get a built valve body to boot,

·
Registered
455 Posts
I wonder if the BD is compatible with a 13+. I don't see those years listed anywhere, but that could just mean that the years on websites have not been updated yet.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I just emailed Sonnax about their kit, will ask BD too. That little jumper/resistor kit may be what I am looking for to firm up the shifts a little

·
Banned
2,174 Posts
I just emailed Sonnax about their kit, will ask BD too. That little jumper/resistor kit may be what I am looking for to firm up the shifts a little
The Sonnax kit is a total waste of money... It will do nothing to increase holding capacity... Yes, we buy hundreds of thousands of dollars a year in Sonnax parts, but this one is a waste of $$... The shifts will not be noticeably firmer either...

The BD setup is fine, but we haven't seen one installed and working on a 14+ truck....

·
Revmax, a little off topic but are your trannies just simple R&R or is there special tuning required for the '14 trucks?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Revmax, thanks for the additional info, with only 15 psi of line pressure increase I imagine it doesn't do much, even a lot of clutch surface area that isn't a lot of pressure.

Sonnax got back to me today, see below, what do you think of their Accumulator plate? Is there movement there allowing the accumulator to bleed off?

Also, you said the BD was better, I assume you mean the BD Protect68, because I would assume their jumper wire would be very similar to the Sonnax.

Still waiting on BD's response

-------------------------------------------------
Sonnax line pressure booster kit 44957-LB1 will indeed work in your vehicle. Use it with confidence!

I would also encourage you to look into our Accumulator Cover Plate. The OE design is a weak point on your transmission. The Sonnax plate is easy to install, and it allows you to prevent plate damage that leads to all kinds of nasty shift problems, especially in higher-performing units. It requires the use of a special, inexpensive high-yield tap, found here.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts