Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
yep, everyones have, get some billet ones.

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Nope... Mine are like factory freah yet...

I take them up about once a year and wipe them down with engine oil. This has keep the hardware from being attacked by the battery acid...:w:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Yup, same problem. I bought 2 new batteries, and snapped a tie down trying to undo the rusted-solid nut. The batteries the truck came with were 8 years old! To get the rusted piece out, I had to remove the whole plastic battery tray. 2 new hold downs and clips/nuts from the local Dodge dealer fixed it. But every fall during my pre winter checks I take out every vehicle battery, clean it, check the electrolytes and top up, recharge, and spray battery paint onto the posts. I think these hold downs will last as long as I want to keep the truck :thumbsup

·
Mopar1973Man.Com
26,259 Posts
Geez...:thud:

6 years later this is what my battery and hardware looks like... Like I said I just wipe everything down with engine oil with a rag...

I wash the engine bay on a regular basis too... But always wipe the battery terminal down with oil and dip some on the bolts for the nuts...:w:

·
Registered
326 Posts
bucket truck. I had the same problem with my 2001. They lasted almost 8 years though. Looks like in 2002 they realized they had a problem and changed them.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
2001 here, totally powdered...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts