Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i tried to start my truck i
This morning (9 degrees outside) cranks and cranks, wont start. Turn key off then back on cranks more and starts to drain battery then it cranks the fastest it ever has then starts. Then my battery after a frew minutes, explodes. Take my cables off but positve cable gets glowing red hot when started again?? Help

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ok i tried to start my truck i
This morning (9 degrees outside) cranks and cranks, wont start. Turn key off then back on cranks more and starts to drain battery then it cranks the fastest it ever has then starts. Then my battery after a few minutes, explodes. Take my cables off but positive cable gets glowing red hot when started again?? Help
You, sir have a direct short to ground on that positive cable. replace it

·
Registered
88 Posts
Somewhere the insulation has worn off and it is contacting the truck frame. You should be able to locate that spot easily. Since it was glowing red hot on you, that tells you that it is not going through any protected circuit, it is a direct short on that cable somewhere. Drag it out first and see if it can be fixed, but I would recommend replacing.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Check around your starter or any where the positive cable is close to metal shouldn't be hard to find but will make a big mess if you dont fix it. Better it happened in the driveway than on the interstate doing 70

1 - 6 of 6 Posts