Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm down in southern colorado working... truck wouldnt start at -10 this evening, which is unusual. Looked and the positive terminal on the drivers side is bent and wont get a good connection. Is this a dealer part or can someone just snip the wire and put a new connector on?

Other problem:

I relocated my lift pump using the old vulcan kit a couple years ago and since the weather turned hella negative when the pump is on without the engine running it's at the normal 12psi. The second I start the engine it goes down to 5, and if driving it's around 0. This just started as the weather changed.

Is the pump bad or is it just because the weather is around -20? Could it be because the relay for that pump is wired to the battery with the sketchy connector on the drivers side?

·
Banned
432 Posts
can someone just snip the wire and put a new connector on?

Could it be because the relay for that pump is wired to the battery with the sketchy connector on the drivers side?
Yes you can put a new connector on there......any auto parts place willl have them.

And it is possible that because of the poor connection your lift pump is not working properly......
Although it is also quite possible the lift pump is failing......

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes you can put a new connector on there......any auto parts place willl have them.

And it is possible that because of the poor connection your lift pump is not working properly......
Although it is also quite possible the lift pump is failing......
Thank you, turns out had a clogged fuel filter after 1000 miles...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts