Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 24 valve standard dodge all stock, so I was wondering what are some of the best ways to increase power without going completly out of control.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
What type of trans do you have??? Its best if you go to your user cp and fill out your sig with your trucks year, trans, and any mods...

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
If your not looking to go wild go with a BHAF (Big honkin air filter) 4" Turbo back Exhaust then you could go with a small box like the edge ez (65hp box) and and a set of rv275 injectors (40 hp), you would have less than a 1000 in it if you bought everything new and could have as little as 500-600 if you get the chip and injectors used... Those are basic mods and will net you about 100 hp and 2-3mpg if you drive it reasonable...

·
Registered
313 Posts
Just be forewarned, once ya start modding...it's hard to stop! But I agree w/ 01^, take a look on ebay they're always sellin chips and stuff on there

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Forgot to add you need a set of gauges with a fuel pressure gauge to make sure your lift pump is supplying at least 10psi of fuel pressure at wot if not you need a lift pump such as an airdog, raptor, or fass pump before it cost you a vp44...

·
Registered
833 Posts
Airdog 100
BHAF
4in. Exhaust
Gauges
Rv275 Injectors
Diablo Sport Power Puck

There is my list for bare minimum power but most efficient. I have Puck, Bhaf and Exhaust on 6spd dually and it pulls our 30ft horse trailer and makes 14mpg. I'm working on getting Ad and set of gauges, but I'm not paying for it......I'm just mechanic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts