Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the deal with the Banks turbo wastegate? Good? Bad? Does it give you the turbo dump sound when it shifts? Or am I thinking of something else? I'm a retard when it comes to turbos, but I do love that sound in the turbo sportscars when they shift or let off the gas.

· Registered
325 Posts
your thinking of blow off valve. your truck uses an electronic wastegate anyway so it wouldn't benefit you.

· Premium Member
4,825 Posts
What's the deal with the Banks turbo wastegate? Good? Bad? Does it give you the turbo dump sound when it shifts? Or am I thinking of something else? I'm a retard when it comes to turbos, but I do love that sound in the turbo sportscars when they shift or let off the gas.
It will not work on your truck, the 04.5+ have electronic wastegates.

· Registered
325 Posts
dont need them. we dont have throttle bodies

· Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think it would have the same effect on the slow spooling truck turbo in comparison to the quick spooling screamers on some of the imports.

How is that homemade intake working? Let me know if you start mass producing them. I might want one for Christmas.:$:

· Registered
9,910 Posts
They make all kinds of blowoff valves specifically for diesel apps, but like stated above, in MOST cases they are not needed since we have no throttle bodies to totally close off the air going into the engine. But in some cases they are needed because of the ammount of volume/pressure some turbos push

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.