Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody had the banks big hoss if so could you tell if its any good thinking about getting it for my truck i got a 2001 cummins auto no mods yet i read that the banks has a bunch of built in safety features like built in torque converter protection i thought this might be good for an auto

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
has anybody had the banks big hoss if so could you tell if its any good thinking about getting it for my truck i got a 2001 cummins auto no mods yet i read that the banks has a bunch of built in safety features like built in torque converter protection i thought this might be good for an auto
NOOOOOOOOO, don't go banks, look into other stuff, over priced and overrated. suncoast has really good stuff for the trans along with a few other places. Banks puts a lot of butter on their stale bread to make it sell.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Yeah, Banks stuff is ok, but go with other stuff. Edge Juice w/Attitude, Smarty, BullyDog, etc are all much better.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
banks is to over rated....just imagine the wireless guages. wouldn't trust them as far as real time goes. same thing with the edge that i have (juice w/attitude). but atleast its hard wired. no interference cause by some kind of EMF's (electro magnetic fields) from cell phones and what not.

Even though its convinient to have all your guages on one little module(ie, my edge juiced w/att)....its alot more acuarate if you were to get real guages. But i just depends on your style , i guess. Edge also has added protection for your tranny.good luck:thumbsup

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have the Banks getkit with ottomind. It was on the truck when I bought it. I have had no complaints with it. I have not run with any of the others out there so I don't have any experience with them to compare to. I am looking to stack a downloader on eventually but will probably beef up the tranny first. Good luck!!! There is a lot to look at in the aftermarket world.

Brian

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
banks is alot of nothing with a big price....dont waste your money..they are more focused on clean power than power in general...

·
Registered
149 Posts
What's wrong with that?? Who has all the speed records? Just because they dom't make smoke, you guys think they are useless. Wait till the EPA shuts down all those guys selling dirty tunes.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Banks makes a good product. There hardware is fairly good and their electronics are pretty tame. The edge juice and some quad products defuel to protect the transmission as well.:thumbsup

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
For the money, you'd be farther ahead to go with the Edge Juice/ Attitude. Has all the defueling features etc. to save the tranny. I love mine! Much cheaper than the banks, and every bit as good IMO. The built in gauges are great too!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
but what if u can get a banks big hoss for 150 bucks everybody tells me not to get it for the money but for 150 dollars thats not a bad deal at all

·
Registered
208 Posts
I have the big hoss bundle on my truck and have nothing but praise for its performance.No problems with gauges or anything.He originally asked about the bundle,not just the tuner.All of banks equip is designed and engineered to work with each component.I get so tired of reading "don't get banks".And most of those quips end with"too much money".If money is your concern get something cheaper.
Bottom line:If I buy another truck I am going to spend 3000 for the Big Hoss Bundle.Worth every penny

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
I have the big hoss bundle on my truck and have nothing but praise for its performance.No problems with gauges or anything.He originally asked about the bundle,not just the tuner.All of banks equip is designed and engineered to work with each component.I get so tired of reading "don't get banks".And most of those quips end with"too much money".If money is your concern get something cheaper.
Bottom line:If I buy another truck I am going to spend 3000 for the Big Hoss Bundle.Worth every penny
1st good review i've read about banks.

soot junkie-"What's wrong with that?? Who has all the speed records? Just because they dom't make smoke, you guys think they are useless. Wait till the EPA shuts down all those guys selling dirty tunes."

with alot of happy juice, and sorry but speed records don't say a thing when your hooking up to a 40,000 lb loaded trailer.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Thats right.....I wouldn't run anything else

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
personal preference at it's finest.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts