Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a BD power pup downloader and I just aqquired a Banks six shooter with speed loader option from a wrecked 05 325hp truck. Would I see any more gains going to the banks system over the programs availible from the BD. The banks system tie into the harness and monitors everything from engine to trans, where the BD is only changing the program in your stock ecm.

I'm currently running the K&N cold air setup and 5" exhaust with full gauges, trans temp, pyro and boost. I have 35" tires with 4.10 gears and a 48re auto

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
what do you want to do with the truck that is the big question. if you just want a little power and tow alot then either will work okay the banks stuff is good but it was overpriced for what you get if you want huge power the banks needs to go to the classifieds or craigslist it wont get you there they spend alot of money in the mags but the products while safe and work great dont produce the numbers other do. if you want to go for numbers and play around the bd is a good stop gap programmer and have a few files out there that are fun. think about what you want to do with the truck and be honest and you need to think about how much you are willing to drop in this hobby. i wanted to a filter and programmer to start and now im 30k into my truck in parts alone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts