Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I hope I'm posting this in the right area. I would like a little help as if anyone has an exhaust brake & monstor exhaust from banks on their trucks & any other of Banks equipment. I've been doing a lot of reading & it seems they have good stuff & since I pull an RV I want to fix my truck up as a puller & use their exhaust brake as I do a lot of pulling in the mountains. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I personally have never had any banks products but I know several people that have had the ex. brake and have been very satisfied. Hopefully some can help you out. But before you do that, fill out your sig with your truck and modifications. Congrats on becoming a member!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, this may sound pretty dumb but what is a sig, & where do I fill out my modifications. I just checked my profile & I didn't see anything in there to fill out. Leave it to a newbie huh? haha

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
at the bottom of this post is a list of everything i've got on my truck. if you go to your user cp and click on edit signature it'll take you to a place that you can edit your signature. knowing what all is done to your truck will help us help you in the future.

·
April CF ROTM Winner
219 Posts
Pacbrake makes a good break. Save your money the exhaust from another manufacturer. Banks is WAY overpriced for what you get.

Jacobs makes a dealer accesory exhaust brake for your truck. If I recall correctly.

·
Registered
348 Posts
There is never a dumb question as long as your learn something new. Price is right, filling it out to the T will help anyone in the future help you out with problems or issues with your truck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I appreciate the help, I did check on the pricing for Pacbrake, believe it or not I'm getting a better pricing from Banks. Also I found that place for the signature, thanks, & did it up, it only allowed me three lines. My next question is I haven't seen any of the others, did I turn something off? I guess I'll find out if mine shows up when I post this also.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey all, looks like I got the sig's figured out, I see mine & all of yours, who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

·
Registered
631 Posts
you might also want to check the for sale section on the forum since i know there at least one ex. brake on there for sale. Many people get ex brakes then want to upgrade the turbo so they have to git rid of the ex. brake. Ill prob be in that same situation some day.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have expierence with Banks chips and to tell you the truth you will be happier with a chip from Edge either the EZ or Comp. As far as exhaust my cousin sprung for there 800 dollar kit and i paid almost 400 for mine and mine sounded better and does the same damn thing. The long of the short of it is some of us get taken when we're new to the diesel seen by fancy advertising. I'm guilty and bought the big hoss and was not impressed at all. sold it and bought a used ez on the forum for 150 and was a lot happier.

·
Registered
388 Posts
With Banks you pay More and get Less! I would look at MBRP Exhaust. Edge juice with Attitude for a programmer and Gauges. And anyone but Banks for an exhaust brake.

·
Registered
849 Posts
i dont think there is anything wrong with there hard parts not the electronics but they are over priced. i have the one from cummins made by jacobs it works okay it is made for a manual tranny so i have to mannualy shift my auto down for it to work somewhat effective i need to buy a brake controler it shifts your tranny down for you keep that in mind to if you have a auto

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
I have expierence with Banks chips and to tell you the truth you will be happier with a chip from Edge either the EZ or Comp. As far as exhaust my cousin sprung for there 800 dollar kit and i paid almost 400 for mine and mine sounded better and does the same damn thing. An $800 Banks exhaust? The going rate on a complete with tip system is $508 and $419 without it. Want it loud? No muffler system: $321 and that's a full turbo back system
If you need actual pricing feel free to PM me.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Hi all, I hope I'm posting this in the right area. I would like a little help as if anyone has an exhaust brake & monstor exhaust from banks on their trucks & any other of Banks equipment. I've been doing a lot of reading & it seems they have good stuff & since I pull an RV I want to fix my truck up as a puller & use their exhaust brake as I do a lot of pulling in the mountains. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Feel free to shoot me a PM if you need any pricing.

·
Registered
790 Posts
That's strange why did you guys charge him $800.00 two years ago??

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
The truck I have came w/ a Banks 4" exhaust and the brake. Can't say it is a bad combo, exhaust sound all right and the brake works pretty good. If they're the right price buy them, but you can find just as good quality wise cheaper.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts