Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They showed this on their weekly YouTube update video. I'd be interested in one.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Neat!

This is the way the industry is gonna have to go. With the EPA being told they’re not getting such a bloated line item they’re being forced to self-fund thru lawsuits and fines. We saw this with gassers in the 80s too; thankfully tech is even better now so I’m really hoping it doesn’t take another 15 years to make diesel emissions systems as bulletproof as gas emissions had become by the late 90s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
765 Posts
Not without seeing dyno results first. I bet it doesn't do any more good than a fat elbow on a deleted engine or even pre 6.7s. Craig

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not without seeing dyno results first. I bet it doesn't do any more good than a fat elbow on a deleted engine or even pre 6.7s. Craig
That will be the interesting part, to see what kind of results they get. I do like the idea of water-methanol ports already being in the intake horn.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Can you drill/tap the oem elbow for the extras?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you drill/tap the oem elbow for the extras?
Pretty big threaded port on the side, I am guessing for an aftermarket intake heater...so you can also do a grid heater delete on an emissions compliant vehicle.

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
Expensive eye candy that will be mostly hidden by the EGR valve.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
80+% of what we all do to our trucks is expensive eye candy!

·
Registered
253 Posts
Have you looked at the one Glacier Diesel sells?

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Pretty big threaded port on the side, I am guessing for an aftermarket intake heater...so you can also do a grid heater delete on an emissions compliant vehicle.
That raises the question if the aftermarket grid heater will be efficient enough to prevent such harsh cold starts that clog emissions on the exhaust side

1 - 13 of 13 Posts