Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the bank ok'ed me yesterday for the loan, i asked for up to 30K so i ask.... WHERE IS MY DODGE!!!!!?????

i looked local, noone has one.
i looked statewide.... found 6 autos and 10 sub 2002's and 20 6.7's

what i want ideally is a 06-07, megacab, auto(just kidding 6sp), loaded. i have found one in C.O. but dont want to drive 2500miles to get it. 1000 to ship it. nah.

closest one i found was this one...

Goods Auto Sales Online

hows that look? i don't like the color, but its not a bad truck.

man i am so excited to get my truck but cant find one......

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
well dont get it if theres something about it you dont like, you'll kick yourself in the butt everyday when you pass the one that you did want!

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
long bed mega would be sweet, personally i don't ride in the back seat lol. if you could live without the mega your options would open up more. my .02 = i like the 05 interior (dash & cloth seat material) much better than the cheaper looking 06 :S:

·
Registered
226 Posts
keep shopping...

check craigslist, autotrader, ebay etc. It took me about 4 months to find my perfect truck and I got a great deal too---07 mega laramie with 14k, for $30k out the door (back in October). The only prob was I had to fly to Utah to pick it up, but the dealer picked me up at the airport, I test drove it and got it inspected and I was good to go.

So, for a $180 plane ticket and 16 hours of driving back to Texas, I saved a crap-ton of money over what the KBB and NADA value of the truck was. BTW the dealer listed the truck for $36k, you can always talk them down.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Thats what I did. I bought mine in TX, flew over there and drove it home. Saved thousands and got the one I wanted.

·
Hemi
12,666 Posts
Keep looking until you find exactly what you want. You will be happier in the long run.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you find one you really want, go for it and you might even be able to have them deliver it to you, thats what i had them do with mine. Remember they have to work for you, and now days you can almost get anything you want cause all dealerships are hurting.:thumbsup:

·
MI Chapter President
5,689 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-3500-4x4-Diesel-Mega-Cab-Laramie-Long-Bed-SRW-6-S_W0QQitemZ160323874599QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item160323874599&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A7|39%3A1|240%3A1308

is the one i would want... and a paintjob
Rear bumper is out of wack and the rear axle looks like it is forward a inch or two :confused013:

and this makes me a little worried....
  • AutoCheck reports that this vehicle was previously sold at a wholesale auto auction with a disclosure that the vehicle has frame/unibody damage or had frame/unibody damage. (call for details)
  • Stains on the floor and upholstery

Keep hunting youll find the one!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Don't make the same mistake I made , jumping for the first thing that came along, (an ex wife can be expensive!! ) Now on to the truck.

Same advice.

I looked for what seemed like months till I found the one I was really looking for. It was only a few weeks. Got my 06 4X4 with all the options and color I wanted. with only 21,000 mi. for $24,000! and a clean title. Now to be fair diesel was going for $5.00 a gal at the time but now I'm sittin' sweet.

Good Luck on your search

·
Some-Sho Some-Go
1,621 Posts
i am about l---l this close to just getting a SRT10 and calling it a day. if i cant get the fuel mileage to use this for work i would rather have something that is fast and handles...
I may be mistaken but your not going to get "good" fuel mileage in a srt-10. If you are a diesel fan get a diesel if not stick with the gassers! Also if you want you can get a diesel to whip an srt-10 so the power thing is def not a problem with a diesel!!!

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
I spent three months trying to find what I wanted. I kept getting really close to just buying something to drive but in the end I couldn't bring myself to buy something where I was going to have to compromise. I finally got exactly what I wanted and I have no regrets at all. They are hard to find though. There are a couple dealers here that seem to specialize in HD trucks and one of those is where I finally got mine.....
Good Luck. I'm glad I'm done looking....

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I may be mistaken but your not going to get "good" fuel mileage in a srt-10. If you are a diesel fan get a diesel if not stick with the gassers! Also if you want you can get a diesel to whip an srt-10 so the power thing is def not a problem with a diesel!!!
how hard is a 4.8 0-60 in a diesel? nothing says i need to dump my 6.5 at the scrap yard.
i am so confused.... lol...
i need to hash this out for a few days, and its raining today so time to think...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts