Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well it happened ..i was on my way to dallas and hit a pot hole heard a bang then a loud grinding like going over rumble strips (aka planetary gears)...then a little slip then a lot of slip...i had it towed to a tranny shop and found out my torque converter welded its self to its self, broke a band, broke a planetary gear which in turn cracked my tranny case...so now i have to pay $2500:$: to fix it..has all this happened at the same time to anyone else or am i just really unlucky

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
well my situation got worse..when the tranny blew it decided to lock up and evidently it cracked my transfer case...that being said where can i get a new transfer case without spending a crap load of money..I just had a bd transmission installed so im a lil short on cash..also i have an extreme vibration from 55 - 75 i havent even tried to go faster than that yet cause it gets so bad...i have already replaced all u joints....what could the cause of the vibration be, transfer case?

·
Registered
28 Posts
The transfer case could be the problem, or the rear driveline could be bent. It may be worth it to pull it off and have a shop check it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts