Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Yup! Napa carries them too!

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
NAPA can order the flex pipe as well..

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess that was kinda confusing. I don't need flexpipe, joining 5" exhaust pieces together.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I talked to Silverline and they said they didn't have the best of luck with the band clamps, and went back to the u-bolt style ones. I was kinda surprised since I'd heard everyone on here liking the band clamps better.

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
If the 2 pieces fit together good, without a bunch of slop, than bandclamps work great. I really like them.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I talked to Silverline and they said they didn't have the best of luck with the band clamps, and went back to the u-bolt style ones. I was kinda surprised since I'd heard everyone on here liking the band clamps better.
Hmm, that's weird. I know the U-bolt clamps will make it damn near impossible to remove. I Just got a real good deal on a Silverline exhaust, PM me if you want any info.

·
Registered
138 Posts
yea the U-clamps work well but just like he said makes for a real hard break down if ya ever wanna change anything.I just put a new stack in my truck and first time using the band clamps and i really liked them.just my .02

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
i'm running bands with my system and so far, they work great. one day when i upgrade my stack, it will be really easy to swap instead of dealing wiht deformed pipes.

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Hmm, that's weird. I know the U-bolt clamps will make it damn near impossible to remove. I Just got a real good deal on a Silverline exhaust, PM me if you want any info.
I have been using band clamps for repair and maintaining exhaust systems on my diesels for 25+ years. I use the u-bolt clamps only for hanging the exhaust system. This system works the best as you do not distort the conections.

·
Washington Chapter Vice President
5,055 Posts
Band clamps are by far the best way to go.

·
Premium Member
8,550 Posts
man I got to disagree with you all, I think they are the biggest piece of crap ever made for exhaust systems, I have hade nothing but problems with them, I have them holding my stacks in place thats it. I am going to order some 7in stacks then probably the u bolts going on because they wont come off as long as I own the truck

1 - 13 of 13 Posts