Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have read and searched previous threads but still havent gotten an answer from any of my readings. There are several different joints that everyone mentions but it just depends on how much the buyer is wanting to shell out. Well money is somewhat of an issue but also its not. I don't want to be replacing balljoints frequently. So what i am looking for is the most reliable/durable balljoints out there, pirce, and where can i get them from.

here is what i got. and by next winter she will have a snow plow on her.
03' 2500 4x4 184k
35''x20x12.50 toyo m/t with 20'' moto metal wheels

and i am looking to lift her higher in the future

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
And you didn't get that from all the searching??? :buttkick::S::rof

XRF are good for the money :thumbsup: I'm sure you've read the other suggestions as well.

You can buy them on ebay, sometimes they're listed there. You can call XRF directly and see what they recommend as well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol i guess i am lack in the searching deartment then.

XRF's and some others were mentioned the most.

thanks.

·
Registered
658 Posts
:agree2:

Bro the search function is your friend here !!!

Big $$$$ swing in the BJ department.

Money WAS a factor for me. I went with the XRF joints.
Not a fun job to do, but wasn't that bad.

No problems with them yet.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Found a few sets on ebay. googled the Carli's and i really like them.
:agree2:

I went with the XRF joints.
Not a fun job to do, but wasn't that bad.

No problems with them yet.
how many miles on them???

and where can i get some Carli balljoints from, anyone thats a supporter for this site??
is 8 lug truck gear one of them???

·
Premium Member
2,020 Posts
I tried to get Carli ball joints back in December and they were out of stock across the nation and the next several shipments were going to be filling backorders. Not sure if they are caught up yet or not

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah noticed that they were backordered. Don't have the coin for the carli's and can't wait that long for them either so gonna go with the xrf's for now and order the carli's latter. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I got the Dynatrack balljoints. Couldn't get the old ones off, so I took it to a trusted shop; the mechanic also drives a 3500, bought the tools to do the job on mine! Great service. The new ball joints work well, I also installed the free-wheeling hubs at the same time. Love them!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went with NAPA premium greaseable BJ's. They are lifetime warranty.
true I have had several friends and other local shop owners tell me to go with them, but i have also read on here from several people that they have had to replace them yearly and i am not wanting to do that.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I installed the Carli ones on mine when mine went out. Great investment. Truck drives better than new now, with 37" tires.

·
That Truck Guy
6,375 Posts
Found a few sets on ebay. googled the Carli's and i really like them.

how many miles on them???

and where can i get some Carli balljoints from, anyone thats a supporter for this site??
is 8 lug truck gear one of them???

We do supprt this site,:party018:

Although Carli is catching up the lead time is still 4- weeks right now. The lead times should start to drop towards then end of next month assuming the demand stays where it is right now. The Dynatracs have also been on and off of backorder alot but we currently have some stock on the shelves.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been reading a few threads about the ball joints and everyone is saying the carli cost more than the dynatracs. The prices I see are more for the dynatracs by about $150 over carli. Am I right or been on the computer too long??

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I've been reading a few threads about the ball joints and everyone is saying the carli cost more than the dynatracs. The prices I see are more for the dynatracs by about $150 over carli. Am I right or been on the computer too long??
Carli are $800 for all 4 (upper and lower)...$400 a pair. How much are Dynatracs?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Carli are $800 for all 4 (upper and lower)...$400 a pair. How much are Dynatracs?
Dynatracs are $600 for all 4. Most places have them in stock. I know KLM performance has some in stock.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I went with NAPA, They lasted about a year and a half I think. I got new ones for free. IF you put them on yourself it cost nothing but time to replace them. I do think they should last longer but now that I can keep getting them free its hard to change.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ohhh thought the dynatracs price was just the uppers. :doh:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts