Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Ball joints!

3K views 21 replies 17 participants last post by  waitemr13 
#1 ·
I'm in need of ball joints for my 07 5.9 its lifted and has 22.5s so it goes thru front end parts quick...would I be having a problem as often if I go onto the carli ball joints?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#2 ·
I've heard of people killing carli's as well but they stand behind their product as it's lifetime warranty and from what I hear they are much harder to break. These are on my to buy list asap.

#21 ·
I have the dynatrac's as well. I paid 670 shipped from 8lug truck gear. I recommend spending the extra $10 for the installation kit, without it you'd prob have to make one and cuss or tear up new parts and cuss. Carli is more expensive and I read they had a bad batch that caused problems. Carli is great company and made it right.

#5 ·
I dont know how long you have had the 22.5 on. I had them on my 07 also and I took them off because they was beating the front end of my truck apart. Had full front end rebuilt less then 15000 miles ago by the dealership and I just replaced the whole front end again in the last three weekends

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#6 ·
I dont know how long you have had your 22.5 on. I also had them on my 07 because they was beating up the front end. Dodge replaced the whole front end less then 15000 MILES AGO I have replaced the whole front end in the last three weekends

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#8 ·
These trucks always tear through front end parts. I just replaced mine 1000 miles ago. With that being said, anything modified with the front end of these trucks don't help. I learned that with my last truck...but not saying you need to change your entire setup. It all depends what you like. It would not be so bad if the bearings would freeze fast to the axle housing. I heard lock out kits help with this bearing hub sticking issue... but I will believe it when I see it for myself.

#9 ·
Yeah it's starting to get expensive and it's no good!! I was checking with O'Reillys and the previous ones that I bought have warranty but I don't know if I should I actually upgrade cause all O'Reilly sells is junk....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#11 ·
ive heard spicers axle u joints are supposed to be good. but not a perfect fit IIRC

#12 ·
I have McQuay Norris BJ's in mine , Got them off eBay a year ago and all seems good so far . They have splines and some say you cant replace with any other type of Ball Joints after installation , Im not sure though , Hope I never have to find out !

#13 ·
If you plan on keeping the truck, Buy quality. Dynatrac or Carli is what It came down to when I bought mine. I went with Carli because they are local to me. I have been happy so far but don't have alot of miles on them yet. I hope they last because I do not enjoy replacing them.

#17 ·
Thurens kit does replace the ball joints on the steering, However the Ball joints being discussed are the upper and lower ball joint's seen here. Here is a pic of my set up with Thuren Crossover steering and carli Balljoints

#16 ·
Dont buy XRF! I read on here that people loved them, and they were really strong, but my I already have a lower one out after 5,000 miles! I would have had better luck with napa or ebay ones

#20 ·
The Big Rig 22.5 look is all well and good but you can't get a decent ride and expect your front end to last with wheel and tires intended for a 20,000 lb long haul 'semi. That being said, Mickey Thompson now has a Classic Big Rig 20x9 and 20x11 direct bolt on.

#22 ·
how long ago was it that carli had a bad batch? i wonder if some are still floating around.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.