Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Ball Joint Delete

931 Views 20 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  krs
I'm coming up on my third set of ball joints and was wondering if anyone has ever seen or used Ball Joint Deletes?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
99 qclb, 325dap, compound. Billet trans, 37 toyo, lockers, winch, 10kw stereo, quadzilla
5,041 Posts
I have dynatrac ball joints with a very heavy front end and 37-in tires. Mind hold up just fine.

I've seen post on here if people doing kingpin swap over and it seems to work well for them. I might be wrong but I think when you do the kingpin swap you convert over to hub lockouts like Ford has

Reactions: mattswaggs

· Super Moderator
99 qclb, 325dap, compound. Billet trans, 37 toyo, lockers, winch, 10kw stereo, quadzilla
5,041 Posts
I have not used an EMF, I've only used the dynatech. I've also used OEM and Spicer and board Warner ball joints. I run 37s, my truck is heavily loaded and I am not by any means gentle on it. I have destroyed Spicer ball joints inside of 12,000 mi, I have broken the ball in cup of Moog. I have had the OEM ones loosen up but never break, loosen to the point of some decent wheel play.

The dynatex I have had in now for somewhere around 6 years and they do not in any way feel loose.

I'm not sure if a kingpin swap or EMF or this delete kit on here is needed but from my experience a quality ball joint will last without a problem

1 - 2 of 2 Posts